Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Glimmer Snowflakes {CCMC181}

Happy Thursday friends, and welcome to another week at Create with Connie & Mary! Are you ready for Christmas? I'm not! I am nursing what has become my annual Christmas cold however, so today's card for Connie & Mary is verrrry clean and simple.  The gals gave us a beautiful color duo:
Which just screams out for one last Christmas card don't you think?  I rallied myself and what little creativity I could muster between cough syrup and antibiotics to make this for you:

The card base really is brushed silver cardstock even though it doesn't photograph well. On that I layered some basic grey and whisper white cardstock. I had the idea for the rows of Silver Glimmer snowflakes, made with the Northern Frost decorative strip, but laid out on the white they needed a little something to make them pop.


That's when I got the idea to back the snowflakes with strips of Basic Grey satin ribbon.  I really like the combination of the preppy styled stripes with the glimmer snowflakes.  A Basic Grey sentiment from Hand-Penned Holidays finished it off for me!

And that will do it for today.  I hope you'll join us at Create with Connie & Mary and make something sparkle with this gorgeous color duet.  Be sure to check out the rest of the design team for some wonderful inspiration.  Deadline to play along is Wednesday, December 28th at Noon (EST).

This will likely be my last post before Christmas so I want to thank all of you for your daily visits, comments and encouragement--it means so much to me that you keep coming back and like what you find here.  You're the reason I keep doing this!  To all my friends, followers and readers, I wish you the happiest of Holidays and good times spent with your loved ones.  Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Photobucket
supplies: 
stamps: hand-penned holidays
paper: brushed silver, whisper white & basic grey cardstock; silver glimmer paper
ink: basic grey
xtras: northern frost decorative strip die; basic grey satin ribbon; basic rhinestones

12 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather Nance. I hope you feel better for the holidays. Beautiful card as always! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance super pretty card. I agree the; the gray just makes those snowflakes POP! So very pretty.
Merry Christmas to you and family. Hugs.
PS: I'm right there with you on the cough syrup (almost two weeks now and it won't go away!). Hugs.

Linda Callahan said...

Feel better fast! Love all of this sparkle and glimmer! So festive for this week! Have fun with that sweet little one over the holidays~! My sweet "little one" will be cooking Christmas dinner - yay!

Nancy said...

A really elegant card, love the silver, white and gray colors and the ribbon is the perfect backdrop for all that bling!. Hope we both feel better, lucky Linda C., having a daughter to cook a special dinner on Christmas Day.
Luv,
Mom

Lisa Martz said...

Love the rows of snowflakes! How pretty!

Margaret said...

Hope you are feeling better! There's nothing worse than being sick when everyone is together and having a good time...
Your card is gorgeous and I love the gray ribbon behind the glimmering snowflakes

Deb said...

Oh so pretty!!! I love all the sparkly snowflakes!! And the rhinestones are a perfect touch! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, Nance - I hope you feel better soon! Love this card with the shimmery snowflakes and the gray ribbon- gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

jjcreations said...

Gorgeous, glittery card, Nance. It's so clean and simple, and I love those snowflakes popped up on the ribbon. I don't think I've ever thought to get grey ribbon - I sure want to now!
I hope that you are feeling better and that you have a very Merry Christmas holiday with family and friends.

Carrie Gaskin said...

FANTASTIC! I love all the bling on this baby. It is just fabulous. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Nance!

Unknown said...

LOVE the dark gray with the shiny silver snowflakes, Nance! Hope you have a very Happy New Year!! :)

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is so crazy awesome! Great job, Nance!