Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mod, Mod Holiday {CCMC178}

Hiya friends and welcome to another week at Create with Connie & Mary!  This week the gals have a sketch challenge for you:
I wasn't sure at first quite what to do with it--there's a lot of parts and pieces--but I just received a pack of the Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin' Kit and was inspired by all the paper and colors:
I just love the happy colors and modern prints in this kit!  It's a pretty straight-forward card with clean lines and clean stamping--not a distressed edge or spritz anywhere!  This is more the style of stamping I did when I first started before I was lured to the "dark side" with sponges and spritzers, files and blades, oh my!  LOL!  It is interesting how our styles evolve and it's fun to go back to the roots now and then, right?  My little tree is stamped in Lucky Limeade with the Pennant Parade set and rests on a Whisper White oval made with the Ovals die.
I kept the fun going on the inside with another tree and a sentiment from Petite Pairs.  It can be tricky to line up the tree stamp exactly with the little pot, so for this one I stamped the pot but used a punched piece (with the Petite Pennant punch) for the tree.  That way I could put it exactly where I wanted it!

It's been a long day so that's it for me folks!  I hope you enjoy today's card, please let me know if you have any questions.  I do hope you'll check out the rest of the Create with Connie & Mary design team and consider playing along with us.  Thanks for visiting!

Photobucket
supplies:
stamps: pennant parade, contempo christmas, petite pairs
paper: soft suede, lucky limeade, cherry cobbler, whisper white; christmas lane simply scrappin kit
xtras: ovals die; cherry cobbler baker's twine; basic rhinestones; petite pennants builder punch

15 comments:

June Houck said...

Perfect, Nance! You rocked the sketch and those papers and stamps :)

Connie Babbert said...

Just beautiful! I wish that DSP had been in a regular package! Love it! Great little tree...

Kim S said...

I do like that paper and you have used the bold prints so effectively!

Deb said...

Such a fun and festive card! Love the patterned paper! And I do love how you did your tree! Just beautiful!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hey Nance - I love this card. It is the perfect Christmas card. Hope all is well.

Christina said...

What a fun look with that modern patterned paper! I love the way you used the pennant to give your tree more fullness, and the gems are perfectly placed!

Linda Callahan said...

I need to crack open my Pennant Parade set! Love the clean modern look of this!

Marisa said...

Great way to make a Christmas tree :) Love the papers and how you usd the sketch. Fabulous card.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance great use of the scrapkin kit love the DSP and the little tree is too too cute... inside and out! Hugs.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OMG... did i just say 'scrapkin' kit??? I meant Scrappin' Kit!!!

Lisa Martz said...

Wow...I love this! The colors in this paper are so fabulous! This is a really cute card, Nance!

Carrie Gaskin said...

I too love the patterns and colours in that scrappin' kit - fun and usable for not just the holidays. I love what you've done here, Nance.

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is so fun, Nance! Love the graphc patterns in the paper, matched with the bakers twine and that pretty popped up tree. I'm still chuckling at your "stamping on the dark side" comment. I have this vision in my head of Darth Vader armed with a Color Spritzer Tool. Lol!! One thing is for sure...the tools we use may evolve but you, my friend simply have sensational STYLE! Big hugs! :)

Debbie Henderson said...

Perfect combination of DSP layers and I really like the baker's twine to finish off your card!

Margaret said...

Love the mixture of stripes and circles on the DSP and your tree is the 'star' attraction (sorry, couldn't help myself!).
Big smiles at your dark side!! I tend to bounce back and forth between clean & simple and grungy vintage. I'm glad you resisted using soft suede to distress this one ;) The force must have been strong with you!