Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

sneaky pumpkins & PPA5

Oooh, the new holiday mini catalog is fab-u-lous! I can't wait to share it with you on September 1st. Until then, here is a sneak peek at two of the oh-so-fun new stamp sets called Sweet Centers and Pumpkin Patch. For the sweet center, I punched out a 1 3/4" hole, dropped in the plastic sweet treat cup, filled it up with a sweet treat (here I used just the orange reese's pieces) and covered up the back by attaching it to another piece of cardstock. For this treat, I first stamped one of the pumpkin faces from the Pumpkin Patch stamp set on the outside of the treat cup with jet black stazon ink. The Pumpkin Patch stamp set is very versatile because it comes with 3 different pumpkin faces that you can stamp on just about anything. Notice that all 3 of the pumpkin faces here are different? To create my focal pumpkin, I covered up the edge of the sweet treat cup with a 3" circle that I ran through the cuttlebug with the distressted stripes folder and punched another 1 3/4" hole from the center. The pumpkin buddies, also from the Pumpkin Patch stamp set, are stamped in pumpkin pie (of course) on whisper white and hand-cut. The stem, curly vines, and patch of grass are all from the same set, inked up in old olive and stamped right on my whisper white panel. I finished off the bottom of the main panel with a piece of the Cast-a-Spell designer paper (gorgeous) and covered up the edges where the two papers meet with 1/4" old olive grosgrain ribbon. Happy sneak peek!
edited 8/27/09: The Pals Paper Arts team just announced this week's theme challenge with the theme of Halloween so I have entered this card in their challenge. Be sure to check them out--what a talented group of ladies!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love that you stamped the pumpkin face image over the treat cup!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

LOVED this. Got to see it up close and personal as your mom showed me last night. How adorable. Just read the link today how you can make a moving slot to empty the candy without tearing the card up doing so. Great tip. diane

Denise said...

Nance - this is brilliant! The treat cup is perfect for a little pumpkin... aren't you clever! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA!

Linda Callahan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Callahan said...

So cute - I am going to buy stock in M&M's this month - I think we will all be using plenty of them to fill the cups with only the orange ones! The big pumpkin idea is great!

Ann Schach said...

Nancy, this is soooooo cute! I love the colors and how you stamped the face on the sweet treats center. Very creative! Thanks for playing at the PPA!

Patti MacLeith said...

Love how you stamped on the treat window!

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, how cute and CLEVER! Love it!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Genius way to use the sweet treat cups!

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute!!

Nancy said...

You inspired me, now I can't wait to receive my sweet cups for Halloween cards.
NLempinen

Pals Paper Arts said...

Hi Nancy,
I was unable to find an email address for you, so I decided this would be a good way to contact you to let you know that you are one of this weeks Pals Paper Arts Artist Picks! We have a special badge for you to display on your blog. For the HTML code for the badge, please email us at palspaperarts@gmail.com

Thank you and congratulations!
Carrie

stampyandscrappy said...

Precious pumpkins!

Mary Fish said...

Oh, how cute is this. It even matches your blog colors!!! Thanks for playing the PPA. You deserved to be one of this week's picks. Thanks. Mary

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Very cool idea with the bigger pumkin, Nancy! Very cute card!

hugs,
Brandi