Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Flourishing Flutterby: curtain call 19

Isn't this picture beautiful? It reminds me of something from the Anthropologie catalog (another great inspiration source just look at their new photos!)--dreamy, soft and lush.

It's from Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge 19 and I just had to participate. Can't always get to it each week but Stacey's challenge is one of my favorites. She always has great color combinations and gorgeous inspiration pieces. So, here is my card:

I wanted to pick up on the hazy quality to the photo so I used vellum behind one of the butterflies. I also just got the Fine Flourish stamp and had the idea to "kiss" my Butterfly Accent stamp with it. First, I inked the butterfly in Bashful Blue, then inked Fine Flourish in Rich Razzleberry, stamped it directly onto my inked butterfly and then stamped the butterfly onto Very Vanilla--voila! I really like how it turned out. I was also inspired by this layout at Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I changed it up a little bit but I liked the oval in the rectangle. The oval was cut from Bashful Blue cardstock with my Big Shot and the Frame, Scallop Oval die. The Rich Razzleberry cardstock was run through the Polka Dot Impressions folder --LOVE IT!--and there is a piece of Candy Lane DSP (retired) at the back for a hint of Pink Pirouette. I echoed the pink with a touch of rhinestones on the body of the butterflies. Thanks for looking!

supplies:
stamps: fine flourish, butterfly accent, whimsical words
ink: bashful blue, rich razzleberry
paper: very vanilla, bashful blue, rich razzleberry & vellum cardstock, candy lane dsp
xtras: scalloped edge punch, frame, scallop oval die, polka dot impressions folder, bashful blue taffeta ribbon, rhinestones from my stash

1 comment:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance, beautiful card. You've really captured the "feel" of the inspiration photo. Love the 'kissing' technique you did. I always forget about so many different techniques until I see something that insprires again. Great job.