Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sweet and Dreamy Cranes: SSSC57

I am a regular reader of Karen Giron's blog, the Sweetest Thing. She has a weekly sketch challenge and I like her clean simple layouts. LOL, well maybe this one isn't "simple"! Here is the sketch for SSSC57: And here is the card I made!
I didn't think I would be able to figure out something that worked. Those darn panels had me in a dither! But...I've made a few cards with the Dream Garden set, lately and as it was sitting on my craft table, I realized that the beautiful crane stamp was the perfect mimic of the panels in the SSSC57 challenge! I chose my colors--all watery shades of blues & greens that add to the dreamy feel--and proceeded to stamp. Sorry, they appear a bit washed out in this pic. I'll try to get a better one. I first stamped the cranes individually in each color and cut them out but, of course, I couldn't cut them perfectly even so they didn't line up right. And that.just.won't.do. Then I got the idea to stamp them all on one panel using my stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up--perfect! I guess it's cheating a little because the sketch doesn't show any white space between each one but it's just an inspiration piece right?! I also moved the ribbon to right-of-center so I didn't hide the beautiful cranes. I'm not sure that it's an exact match to the sketch but I like how it turned out. And, it's my first-ever submission for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Be sure to check out Karen's blog--it's sweet!

supplies:
stamps: dream garden
ink: bashful blue, certainly celery, mellow moss, sage shadow, not quite navy
paper: bashful blue, certainly celery, whisper white, not quite navy cardstock
xtras: stamp-a-ma-jig, 1 3/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, white organza ribbon

3 comments:

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Very pretty! I never even noticed that set before, now I have to add it to my wishlist!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Very nice Nance. Ditto to Melissa's comment.

Marisa said...

Fabulous card with this tricky sketch that just kicked my butt LOL!! Love the asian theme. Well done :D