Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Springtime Flower Folds: PPA32

I think it's almost spring here in North Florida! And what a perfect time to enter this happy little flower pin in this week's spring-themed challenge over at the PPA. Just in time for our spring break this week which finds me crafting all day with my visiting mom! So much fun. We had a great time today playing with the, SU exclusive, Flower Folds die and this video from the Stamp Shack Lady on using the Big Shot with fabric. Oh.My.God, this could be addictive! We followed Christine's directions on assembling the flower folds but we used only the two smallest shapes from the die on our flower pins. Just the right size to adorn your shoulder nicely--or that of my six-year-old daughter as is the case here:
We cut the flower shapes from the two smallest flowers on the die and layered them with a piece of green mesh netting between each layer using the SNAIL adhesive, instead of a hot glue gun, to secure each flower. This was enough adhesion to keep it in place while working. When connecting all the flower pieces, it's possible to leave a little hole in the middle which was the perfect spot to slide in a rhinestone brad (circle, fire) on top of a fabric daisy (from my embellishments stash) to give it just the finishing spring touch. What a great celebration of spring--on a shirt, hat, bag, scarf--the possibiliteis are endless! Thanks for looking...I'm off to go raid my fabric stash (almost as bad as my paper addiction) and make more flowers!

supplies:
SU flower folds die; circle rhinestone brad; fabric; bar tack pin; felt

3 comments:

Tracey Parrott said...

Nance, this is so pretty! I have been making them too, but havn't posted any yet. Love the colors and isn't it so fun to use this die? Wonderful spring inspiration!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Great Job and it looks so nice against Arden's teal sweater. You and mom are going to go wild now that you've gotten into fabrics too! I can just imagine. PS... you're pictures are coming through on the emails too... wish I could figure that part out. Have fun with mom!

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderful how you can use the Big Shot with fabric! This pin is adorable - and so is your daughter - love her name! Possibilities are endless here.......thanks for joining us again at PPA!