Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2018

An Amazing Number of Years! PP382

Hi friends!  This week the my sensational friend, Sandy, has an equally sensational sketch challenge for us at The Paper Players...take a look:
Isn't that a good one?!  I could see so many possibilities with this from heavily layered to clean and detailed....I landed somewhere in the middle with today's card:
A colleague at work hits a milestone birthday next week so I wanted to make an extra special card for her.  She loves flowers so I loaded her up with as many as I could fit on this card!  I wanted to keep the focus on the center panel and chose to stamp a panel of mock paper on the bottom layer.  For this I used my favorite Birthday Blooms set in a tone-on-tone pattern on the Pool Party base.  Next, is a striped layer from some retired paper--Blushing Bride is such a pretty pair to Pool Party isn't it?
The Number of Years stamp set and coordinating Large Numbers Framelits makes for a fun way to  highlight more of this pretty retired DSP by using the negative space left behind from the die-cut.  Once I cut out the numbers, I stamped through the shape with the number in Blushing Bride ink.  What you can't see in the photo is that I brushed Wink of Stella onto the numbers for some pretty sparkle!  The Pool Party ruffled ribbon is long since retired but like some many things in my craft room likes to come out and play.  Here it served as a nice base for the Mossy Meadow "amazing" Celebrate You thinlit from the current Sale-a-Bration catalog.
The Number of Years stamp set has a bunch of great sentiments like the one I used here on the inside.  I mean who wouldn't feel better about their 50th birthday after a sentiment like this one, right?!  

I hope you enjoyed my card today....be sure to check out my teammates at The Paper Players for even more fabulous inspiration.   We hope you will play along with us before the challenge closes on Friday, March 2nd at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by, friends!

The Paper Players Design Team 


10 comments:

laurie said...

This is just a perfect birthday card! I love how you used the numbers, so creative, and I really like that sentiment inside. Awesome!

have a great day!

Andrea W said...

Lovely card!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh Nance, there you go using my favourite blooms again! I really like the way you've used the negative of the numbers - it just adds interest to the design. I really like the way you've used the Celebrate You thinlit here too. You're so clever!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance, Such a pretty card for a milestone birthday. The 'negative' number die cut is great a way to get POW with bulk. Nice idea and it really shows well here. I like the little "amazing" across the front. Just a great card... love the color combo as well. Hugs

stampwithsandy said...

Nance, what a stunning creation for your floral-loving friend, from someone who can relate :) The sentiment looks great layered over the large numbers, and how clever of you to mask your background stamping to match the sketch!

Annie S. said...

I'm sure your friend will swoon over this card - it's absolutely beautiful! I love the color combo, stamped layer, and the negative die cut. I hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

Claire Grantham said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I bet your colleague will be happy to receive it. I love the floral stamp instead of a piece of paper, so clever and elegant. Cx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Nance this is gorgeous! Fabulous layering and a great way to make a milestone birthday special - I'm sure your colleague will love it. I am pinning this card ready to CASE for sure!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is gorgeous! Your friend is going to LOVE it! Such a special creation to mark a decade birthday! The negative space, the sentiment and the color combo is perfect! Your background stamping creates such a lovely panel! I sure hope you are having a great week, My Friend! XX

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love the pop of black from the sentiment and the inside sentiment is wonderful. I bet your colleague loved this card for her special birthday. I know I do :-)
hugs
jaydee