Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2018

One of these things is not like the other... PP380 & FMS323

...and it's pretty obvious!  I couldn't help myself and I made two wildly different cards for Laurie's fun color challenge at The Paper Players and I couldn't decide which one to feature so, you get two! Laurie's color challenge is a fun one:
The first thing that probably comes to mind with these colors is Valentines Day....so, of course, me being me, I had to make things difficult on myself and opted for the less obvious choice, flowers!
The Birthday Blooms set never disappoints whether colored in or left as an outline--both of which I did here.  I stamped the image in Black archival ink on hot press watercolor paper (less texture than cold press) and colored the blooms with Real Red and Crumb Cake inks and an aqua painter. 
I stamped the Crumb Cake card base in the same color ink and added just a touch of retired black lace ribbon to the left side.  The sentiment is Birthday Basics from Papertrey Ink--love the font!  The centers of the flowers were colored with a black marker and the petals were frosted with clear Wink of Stella.
The second card did turn out to be a Valentine's Day card because I had these sweet little pandas from Mama Elephant sitting on my desk.  I saw this week's fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and knew right away what I would do with it!  I embossed two pieces of Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock with a retired SU heart embossing folder and then cut between the rows of hearts to make two thin strips.  They were cut down to two sizes of varying length and then adhered to a piece of whisper white cardstock. 
I already had these adorable pandas stamped and die-cut and I heat embossed the sentiment from the panda set onto basic black cardstock and trimmed it to size.  A little real red glimmer heart and this is all set for Valentine's Day!
Be sure to check out the rest of the team for even more inspiration with Laurie's fun colors.  We hope you are inspired to play along with us at The Paper Players before the challenge closes on Friday, February 16th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!
The Paper Players Design Team 




16 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love the gorgeous flower card, that is one of my favorite sets. Love how you did the outline stamping on the kraft cad base and your coloring looks so good. That panda card is simply adorable. Love the embossed heart panels.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

The flower card is gorgeous Nance - i love the subtle background stamping on the Crumb Cake layer, this adds so much depth and interest to those beautiful red blooms. As for the pandas- how adorable are they? So sweet!

Jan Clothier said...

I am so in your camp about this stamp set. I love it and I love what you did with it. It has crossed my mind to use it for this challenge to, so I'm glad to have been sidetracked by balloons! Love what you've done with it.

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Nance! Those little pandas are just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance both cards are fantastic! Love the colors and the touch of lace on the first card adds just a bit of feminine charm; and the panda's are just too cute! Love both. hugs

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful flowers and adorable pandas! A perfect double header!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous cards! I am so glad you played along with us at
freshly made sketches!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

ElizStewart said...

Love love love your panda entry for FMS! Wow! Your color challenge for PP this week is simply elegant

laurie said...

Love your cards! Those pandas are adorable...such a cute card. I just got that set, I'll have to get busy and make a few cards with it!

Have a great Valentines Day!

LeAnne said...

Both your cards prove what a beautiful, versatile color combo this is! Your florals are gorgeous, but my heart melted when I saw your little pandas! Wasn't that a great sketch?! SO cute!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flower card and love the texture from the hearts on the second.

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, those gorgeous red blooms make me happy! Love the stamping on the background, too! The black lace ribbon adds so much interest! Those pandas are just too cute. Great idea for the sketch! Sending you a big hug, My Friend! XX

Annie S. said...

Beautiful coloring, Nance! I love those flowers and your background stamping really sets them off. And your panda card...cute x 10! Hope you're having a good week ~ Hugs, Annie

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love both cards... but the first one is a stunner. Your coloring is superb and I love the background stamping. What a fabulous way to showcase this great color challenge. Your second card is... in a single word... ADORABLE!
Wonderful job, my friend
hugs
jaydee

stampwithsandy said...

Oh my I love both of your cards, Nance! Those pandas are too cute for words, and I love the layout and embossed background. As for the floral, you know I'm all over that card, too! Such pretty blossoms and the touch of lace is perfect.

Margaret said...

Two great cards! Your flowers are gorgeous and that black lace ribbon was the perfect addition. I love the sweet pandas too!