Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Tulip Time! PP383 & CTD482

Hi friends!  The fabulously talented Jaydee is our hostess with the mostess this week at The Paper Players and she's got a Theme Challenge that is spot-on for the weather in Florida this week:
Tulips do not grow here in FL but they were a perennial sign of spring during my childhood in Michigan.  I love that our florists and markets here can import tulips from all over so I still get to embrace them even if they aren't native here.  They are among my favorite flowers so I they were my go-to for this challenge!
Despite being a favorite flower of mine, I only have one stamp set featuring tulips.  So, I asked my auxiliary stamp coordinator--my mom--for any of her favorites.  A true devotee of PTI stamps, she shared the Tulip Time set and coordinating dies and oh how pretty they are!  I tried many color combinations and couldn't settle on anything until I saw these gorgeous colors at The Color Throwdown:
The Smoky Slate center panel was run through, first, with the Wonky Stitched Rectangle dies from My Favorite Things.  I wanted a little interest and texture on the main panel but not bulk so I used Post-it tape to mask off a border and stamped the Burlap background stamp in the center.  The tulips are a three step stamp--the solid base of the flower is Powder Pink followed by Blushing Bride and finally Crumb Cake at the base to match the two-step Crumb Cake stems--whew! That's a lot of stamping!
Once I got the hang of all those stamped parts, I had fun carrying them to the inside panel.  I thought the happy birthday sentiment coordinated well with the "A Time for New Beginnings" sentiment not just for spring but a birthday is always a time for a fresh start, right?  And speaking of a fresh start, the azaleas are in full swing here and spring has definitively sprung!
I hope you enjoyed my card today...be sure to pop over and check out my teammates and their fabulous spring creations at The Paper Players!  Join us before our challenge ends on Friday, March 9th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team 

16 comments:

laurie said...

How beautiful! Tulips are one of my faves also!Those colors work so well together too. Have a great Sunday!

Jan Clothier said...

So pretty! The colour combo is so serene. I like the texture the burlap stamp adds. Those multi-layer stamps are devilish to get right but it feels so good when they work out. Yours are amazing. Have a great week, Nance.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance,
This is so pretty. I love the texture you added with the wonky stitched edge, but how nice you also added the burlap background. So very cool and certainly gives texture and interest to this simple yet gorgeous tulips set. I just love this set... it works in so many different colors too. Yours are beautiful, and I really like the crumb cake stems. A pleasant change from a green tone. NICE!
PS: Tulips are such a favorite of mine as well. It surely means SPRING is here... my tulips are peeking through the dirt, but I fear we will still get another blast for it's over. Yuck!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card Nance, love the colors they remind me of a time (a while back) when pinks and grays were all the range in fashion.
You were able to master the 3 step stamping beautifully and I love the burlap backdrop (let me know when you're ordering again, gonna have to get it).
Luv,
Mom
PS: your azaleas look so pretty, but much lovelier in real life when you see the entire planting of them

Linda Callahan said...

Thank Heavens for Mom....these tulips are gorgeous! Beautiful card! And no flowers.in sight up here....just the white stuff!

Julia Aston said...

Your colors ARE gorgeous - and that's a beautiful tulip stamp!

Marisa said...

Tulips are my favorite flower and I MUST get this PTI set as I just love it!! Gorgeous use of the colours and a fabulous card!!

LeAnne said...

I COULD NOT WAIT to comment on this card...the colors are just beautiful and they translate to some gorgeous tulips! SO happy your auxiliary stamp coordinator came through for you with these perfect florals! The burlap is perfect as a background too. I predict a CTD winner with this one!

Heather Cooper said...

This is such an awesome card, Nance! Congrats on your CTD win! The soft, delicate pastel tulips against the rough burlap make a great contrast and are perfect for those colours. Love it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love tulips too Nance and these are fabulous, especially in this soft pastel colour combination. What a great stamp - so detailed. Love the background too.

stampwithsandy said...

I was curious to read who made this tulip stamp Nance, it's so pretty! The sentiments are equally pretty, and they both look terrific against the burlap background. However- I am most impressed at your layered stamping and how perfectly you lined the images up. No matter how strong my reading glasses I can never get my images to line up like that!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous tulip card! I did not realize that they don't grow in Florida. It's nice you can "grow" them on paper though! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown and congratulations on being our Featured Stamper!

Annie S. said...

I love tulips and your color palette is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to our tulip festival which begins next month. Acres of beautiful color! I hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, I just LOVE your card! Tulips are my favorite flower and these are amazing! I didn't know tulips didn't grow in FL. They are in bloom in ATL now, but it is supposed to freeze tonight. BOO! The burlap background is stunning to showcase these pretty blooms! The color combo is so lovely! I sure hope you are having a lovely week, My Friend! XX

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning card. Those tulips are so pretty, love the background effect on the front and all topped off with such a pretty insert too...love it x

Mac Mable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.