Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Twinsets & Flannel for Any Special Reason PP331

This week at The Paper Players, I have the pleasure of hosting our Color Challenge.   I love color challenges both to create with them but also to see what others do with the colors I put together.  This week, I was inspired by a gorgeous scene I found on Pinterest:
Fresh and modern but classically elegant too--think pink cashmere twinsets and gray flannel skirts--these colors are gorgeous together.  At least I think so. ;-)  I took these classic colors and used them with a decidedly modern trend--negative space, that is using the space left behind from a die-cut.  Take a look:
Oooh, I love this technique and bought this SU stamp set and coordinating dies--Special Reason--just so I could use it in this way.  The card base is covered with a full piece of retired Smoky Slate DSP.  The focal piece of Smoky Slate cardstock measures 3.5 x 4" and I tucked a small piece of Copper Foil cardstock under the left side.
I used both the flower dies from the Special Reason bundle to cut out the shapes on the Smoky Slate base.  I tucked a slight smaller piece of Blushing Bride cardstock underneath and popped up the Smoky Slate panel with dimensionals.  The small flower was stamped in Blushing Bride ink onto the same color cardstock over which I layered a outline of the flower cut with the dies.  You can't tell in this photo but all three flowers were outlined with Wink of Stella and boy, do they sparkle!  The tiny Copper Foil leaves--both solid and outline--were cut with dies in this set and I wrapped a little bit of Copper Thread behind the small flower.
The inside has a lot more stamping than the outside--just showing off how pretty the flower stamps in this set are too.  Only because I couldn't resist another use of the negative space, I die-cut a small flower in the lower corner so the Smoky Slate card base could show through.

There you have it, my Twinsets & Flannel for Any Special Reason card!  I hope you like it.  Be sure to pop over to my peeps on The Paper Players Design Team to see all the beauties they are sharing this week.  Thanks for stopping by, friends!


The Paper Players Design Team 
Claire Broadwater
Nance Leedy Sandy Mathis 

  




15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Definitely like! The colors are so soft and subtle. I can even feel the cashmere! TFS.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These colours are an inspired choice Nance - so unusual and I adore them. Not as much as your card though - what a fabulous showcase of these thinlits (I bought them just so I could use them for the negative too!) and the layering and soft pattern of the base, with just the right amount of copper accent to lift your twinset and flannels to a whole new level of elegance! Fabulous, my friend - I'm looking forward to the gallery this week!

laurie said...

I LOVE this color challenge Nance!Your card is SOOO pretty...love the arrangement of beautiful blooms. Have a great week!

Nancy said...

Most of you won't remember this color scheme, but I do.
Way, way, back I wore, pink and grey sweaters and skirts, a very "in" color at that time. I remember seeing displays in a long-gone Women's store, Winkelman's showcasing just these gorgeous colors and your beautiful card is spot-on.
Love the negative die cuts outside and inside, the touch of gold foil on each side for balance is lovely.
Great memories for me!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is just gorgeous! I love pink & gray together and this die cut out shows perfectly.... love the inside die cut.. what a surprise! Hugs.

stampwithsandy said...

Nance your project is stunning! I love your use of negative space and the die cuts are fabulous. These colors are gorgeous together. I can't wait to see what everyone does with them!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Nancy, pink twinsets and a gray skirt! I love that thought! This color palette is FABULOUS!!!!!! So happy you picked it!
Your card is amazing! I love this set and the way you used it! The inside is so pretty, too! Who wouldn't want to receive this card on their birthday?!? Have a fantastic week, My Friend! XX

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a stunning card, Nance! And a palette too. Thank you for choosing such amazing colors for the challenge.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card, Nance!! Love the cut out flower and how you used the colours.

LeAnne said...

A truly beautiful color combination....and these florals are stunning with it! I especially love those copper leaves! SO pretty!

Jaydee said...

Nance, this was such a great challenge - I totally love this color scheme and your floras with the bronze leaves are gorgeous.
Hugs
Jaydee

Stampingcountry said...

So pretty! I like the negative effect on your card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow! LOVING all those gorgeous layers Nance!

kathy said...

Love this card. Can you tell me your trick for stamping the inside. I tried masking but got a big space between the two.
Thanks!

Nance Leedy said...

Hi Kathy, for masking images I use a piece of plain copy paper—the cheaper the better! Cheap paper tends to be thin and limits the white edge between the masks. Even wax paper might work!