Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Showers of Moon Baby PP333

Hi friends!  Oh my goodness, lovely LeAnne has a wonderful sketch for us this week at The Paper Players:
I LOVE circles and when I saw this sketch, I knew exactly what I wanted to do...use my circle dies to feature the images in the negative space...here's what I mean:
 Don't you just love this little baby from the Moon Baby stamp set?  He is just the cutest!  Here, I cut three circles from the Crumb Cake cardstock so he could peek out of each one just a little bit more.  The Falling Petals embossing folder adds to the shower effect.  I love how it mimics the falling arrival of the wee little one!
I didn't have any SU watercolor paper so just used a pad of watercolor paper from Michael's.  The image is stamped in Basic Black archival ink and colored with a Pacific Point watercolor pencil and an Aqua Painter.  I gave him just the slightest wash of Blushing Bride for a rosy baby glow!  Just the cutest little image ever--big kudos to the SU artist who drew this set. The images are timeless--just like illustrations from classic children's literature.
I used another piece of watercolor paper for the inside so I could color and show the full image since he was only peeking out on the front.  I love it when the sentiments coordinate with the images in a stamp set and "showers of happiness" coordinates perfectly with the umbrella and the shower of stars.  I used a Daffodil Delight watercolor pencil to color the umbrella and stamped the stars in So Saffron for a lighter touch. 

I hope you like my little Moon Baby card.  I had so much fun coloring him.  This is actually the second card I made with this set but the other one will have to wait for another time!  In the meantime, stop by my gal pals at The Paper Players and check out their awesome creations!  Come play along with us before our challenge closes on Friday, March 3rd at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!
The Paper Players Design Team 
Claire Broadwater
Sandy Mathis 





11 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is ADORABLE!!!!!!!! I just love how you used the negative space. That little baby makes me smile! A little cherub, indeed. The yellow pompoms are so clever! Your certainly rocked this sketch! Have a FANTASTIC week, My Friend! XX

Mac Mable said...

Loving all the elements. Creative and fun idea and love the dry embossing and that ever so cute baby stamp x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Adorable with a capital A Nance - your peekaboo baby amidst the falling hearts is so cute and the yellow pompom trim just perfect. Love it!

Jaydee said...

Nance, this is so much fun! What a great use of the sketch and the falling hearts add even more wonderful movement to your card. Love it!
hugs
jaydee

laurie said...

What a fun idea, and such a creative use of the sketch! That is such a cute baby set..love it!!

Have a great day:)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

OMG! Nance, what a fun idea to make peekaboo windows for those cuties! Dry embossed panel is fantastic!

LeAnne said...

Okay, you have just pushed me over the edge to get this set....how STINKIN' cute! I am squealing with delight! The little babies are adorable enough, but your coloring is divine and what a great idea to have them peek through the windows! SUPER fun, my friend! Thanks for rockin' that sketch!

Nancy said...

All of the above are so true, the card is precious, love the inside too and the touch of pom-poms is the finishing touch, so darn cute!

stampwithsandy said...

Could this card be any cuter?! We get little baby glimpses up front, and then the full adorable experience on the inside! I love every bit of it!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh my! This is adorable! And your pom pom fringe = swoon!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you played peekaboo with that baby! Adorable card!