Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Bootiful Occasion for a Sketch {PP246}

Howdy, friends!  As soon as I saw Anne Marie's fantastic sketch for our challenge at The Paper Players, I knew just the set I wanted to use.  First, the sketch:
This is a good one and could be used for lots of different images and occasions.  Today, I wanted to use a soon-to-be-retired set that will probably stay on my stamping shelves for awhile longer....Bootiful Occasions.  Take a look:
The brick pattern of the Adventure Bound paper stack seemed like a good, rustic companion to my blue suede boots.  Wouldn't you love a pair of boots in Lost Lagoon suede and Cajun Craze leather?  Well, with some Stampin' Write markers in hand, that's just what you've got!  The boots were fussy-cut and popped up on the sunburst from Kinda Eclectice because....well, it just seemed Kinda Eclectic and perfectly rustic.
And so does the burlap trim with a little bit of frayed edges...so glad to see this made it into the new catalog!  Disappointed that the Champagne Glimmer paper is retiring so I made sure to use it for a little bit Urban Cowgirl.
You just can't beat the punny sentiment from this set for the inside....and I couldn't resist coloring another boot either!  I hope you also can't resist playing along with us this week at The Paper Players.  Just make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team and play along before the challenge closes on Friday, May 29th at noon (PST)!  Thanks for stopping by today!

The Paper Players Design Team
Photobucket

13 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic card!!

LeAnne said...

Love this bootiful card....I have so many country-lovin' friends and family members that would enjoy this creation!

laurie said...

This is such a fun card..I love the rustic feel. My daughter would love this, she loves wearing her boots!

Linda Callahan said...

Very cool boots! Love the background papers and burlap!

Karren said...

This is such a fun card! The glittery stars look so cool and really add to the overall fabulous look.

Unknown said...

What a great country chic card!! And yes, I would love some boots in those colors!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance I love love love this set and will never retire it...I JUST made TWO cards a week ago using these boots! I use the linen thread to make a Lasso... and hook it on the die cut fence (PTI)...and I also used a touch of burlap...turned out so cute.
I LOVE your color choices for these boots.. super cool. Love your blue suede! but WOW.... the star burst in the background just makes those boots MOVE! Very cool.
I also love the brick wall and can't wait to the brick wall embossing folder. Hugs.

stampwithsandy said...

Awesome boot card, Nance! I think this would be a great card for male or female and you've added so much wonderful texture. I know a cowboy I could give this card to, too!

Debbie Mageed said...

This card is quite a booty! lol I love those boots and how you popped them up on the sun rays. You really rocked the sketch challenge!

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love your faulous colored boots. The hessian adds a fabulous touch of texture and is just perfect to finish off your card. Love it
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great card Nance - I love how you incorporated so many different rustic elements and those blue suede boots are a cowboy (or girl)'s dream - just bootiful!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Shut. The. Front. DOOR!! This is rootin’ tootin’ awesome-sauce right here, Nance! I love everything about this one and this stamp set is one I will never let go, simply for that boot. I have to give this a YEE HAW as big as the state of Texas! Thank for absolutely rocking my sketch this week! Hugs! :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Now, this card makes me want to Boot-Scoot Boogie!!!!! I love it! Cowboy boots make me happy! Such a fun card and those glittery stars rock! XX