Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sneak Peek for the Paper Players {PP245}

Hi everyone and happy Sunday to you!  Jaydee is our hostest with the mostest at The Paper Players this week and she is challenging us to create a Clean-and-Simple "Girly" thank you card--how fun!
Just this past week, I received my pre-order goodies from the upcoming 2015-2016 Stampin' Up catalog.  I couldn't resist the ease of using one of the sneak peek sets called You Got This:
Oh how I adore the background image in this set!  It's a fabulous cross-hatch pattern that is perfect for adding the look of texture to the background.  I can't wait to experiment with it.  For today's card though, I kept it pretty clean and simple stamping the background in three of the retiring in colors.  These cards were so quick and easy, that I made three!
Over the background stamp I stamped this beautiful flower in Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  So pretty!
After embossing, the flower didn't stand out quite as much as I wanted so I colored the edges of the image with a coordinating Stampin' Write marker.  I like that much better!  This little sentiment is my favorite from the Another Thank You photopolymer set--I was happy to see that it is returning in the new catalog. 

And we would be happy if you would return to The Paper Players to play along in our challenge this week.  We always love to see what creativity pops up in the gallery!  Just make sure to play along before the challenge ends on Friday May 22nd at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by today!

The Paper Players Design Team
Photobucket

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Love this new set and you certainly did it justice, fabulous cross-hatch stamp I can see that being used quite a bit.
The embossed flower outline is perfect on the background stamp and doesn't everything look lovely on the kraft colored cs with just a hint of DSP to add even more interest.
Hugs,
Mom

laurie said...

This is the first thing I have on my wish list...well...right after the Cherry on top DP. I love how you made a set of cards,great idea!Really showcases the new colors in such a pretty way!

Barb said...

Your embossing just pushed this set from the "maybe later" list to the "need it now" list. Lol. Thanks for sharing/enabling :D

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, these are GORGEOUS!!!! I love the fabulous cross-hatch stamp! I have to order it! The embossed flowers are beautiful! A fantastic trio of cards! XX

Karren said...

That background grid stamp is gorgeous! I might have to buy that when it is available :) Gorgeous cards, love all the colorways.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance So gorgeous! Love how you used this background stamp with the large flower stamp... but the LOVE love love how the outlining of the same color just sets it off perfectly! All three colors are just Gorgeous! Hugs.
PS: this background stamp was the first thing on my "just have to have it" list....however, it was more pricey than I planned, so now it's on my "wish" list!

LeAnne said...

These are awesome! So simple and yet very, very pretty! I just love that background image....this set might have to go on my wish list now that I've seen it IRL! The gold embossing really kicks it up a notch too! Great job!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, Nance, I love what you've done with this stamp set! It looks so pretty embossed in gold, and the addition of a little markering was pure genius. You've certainly convinced me to put this set on my wish list!

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, wow! This stamp set is really versatile! I love it with the background stamp. Beautiful CAS cards, Nance!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these cards Nance - this stamp was first on my preorder list too, it is just gorgeous! I love how you used it here and the outlining is a great tip - it does add just enough to really lift the flower off the card. Fabulous girly thank you cards!

jaydee said...

OK... you convinced me. I was on the fence about this set, but now I need it! :-) I love the gold embossing it really adds such a wonderfully rich feel. Fabulous cards, my friend
hugs
jaydee

Unknown said...

Nance, I love the way you have used this stamp to showcase how easy it can be to make quick and beautiful card sets!! The gold embossing and the coloring really make the flower pop, love, love, love it!! And I will miss seeing these colors!! (of course, I am all stocked up!)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Look at you. Not only did you create ONE beautiful card….you created THREE. Gorgeous cards, my friend!