Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just Because

This is the first card I've made in awhile just because. Just because I had a stampin' buddy, just because we had both been itching to try this flower technique...just because! Pretty simple layout, really. I think this is one of my fall-back layouts, I seem to use it a lot. The distressed flower technique is really fun--these flowers are all over stampin' blogland but I first saw it on the Me, My Stamps and I blog, here. So simple but the results are stunning, dont'cha think? Sahara Sand, Rose Red, Taken with Teal and Old Olive are the colors we used with fabulous paper from the Sweet Pea DSP stack. The Big Shot and the Little Leaves Sizzlit make some quick greenery while the Polka Dot Impressions folder on the card base mimics the polka dot designer paper. The sentiment is just one of several from the Whimsical Words set--a Sale-a-Bration freebie! This has become my go-to sentiment stamp set--love it! Oh, and can't forget the whisper white Sending Love "Hugs" notes from the mini catalog--precut and pre-scalloped they make the perfect focal point for this card. And at $4.95 for 20--they're a springtime steal! Thanks for looking!


supplies:
stamps: whimsical words ink: chocolate chip paper: sweet pea dsp stack; sahara sand, taken with teal, rose red, old olive cardstock xtras: big flower, 3/4" circle & SAB scallop edge punches; bone folder; polka dot impressions folder; big shot; little leaves sizzlit; adhesive pearl (my embellishment stash)

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance your card is absolutely beautiful. I too love the Whimsical Words set. The font is fab and I too use it constantly. Just seems to fit any card I'm making. You are going to have so much fun now that your mom has a blog too. You did a fabulous job and she's going to love it.

Kristen H said...

Very cool flower! I love that! I love the polka dots paired with the swiss dots as well. I may have to check out some floral tutorials!!!

TFS!