Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Up, Up and Away Birthday PP342

Hi friends!  The fabulous Jaydee has a fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for us this week at The Paper Players.  We can choose any three options either across, down or diagonally:
So, we have a lot of May birthdays in our family.  In fact, there are three just next week alone!  One of them is my sweet MIL and using the top row--circle, green & twine--this is the card I made for her:
A few years ago, my sweet in-laws took our whole family on a safari in Tanzania for their 50th wedding anniversary.  How wonderful are they, right?!  The highlight of the trip was a hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti on the morning of their anniversary.  It is an amazing memory and one I hope my MIL will remember when she sees the paper on her card.  The paper inspired my color choices of Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, Peekaboo Peach and Mint Macaron.  I also wanted to play with the retiring Crazy about You stamp set and dies--love this big scrollly "happy"!  I was also pleasantly surprised to figure out that another long-ago retired set, Up, Up & Away, coordinates perfectly with the striped balloons on the paper.  I'm glad to see that the Balloon Bouquet punch will not be retired because it sure makes for quick balloon shapes!
Now I remember why I loved this stamp set and didn't get rid of it!  Just look at those cute balloons and clouds!!  I guess I should have made these inside balloons with the hanging basket but I liked the look of the string dangling and how it mimics to ones on the front of the card.  That's just a little creative license with the stamps!

Thanks for popping in for a visit today...I hope you enjoyed my card.  Take a look at all the wonderful inspiration my teammates have for you over at The Paper Players.  Come along and play Tic-Tac-Toe with us before our challenge closes on Friday, May 5th at Noon (PST).

The Paper Players Design Team 





12 comments:

Nancy said...

Nance, I love this card and the colors you chose, your MIL will surely get the connection of the DSP & the fabulous trip you all went on.
Great balloons and die as well.
Hugs
Mom

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance just LOVE this card. I especially love how you used the balloon DSP in the die cut circle. Fabulous..., Love your inside and too...and I agree about the strings hanging. Very nice.
PS: I'm sure your MIL will just love this card and the memory it brings. Hugs.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great birthday card Nance - I'm sure your MIL will appreciate it. Love the fit of that balloon stamp with the punch, and just perfect with that patterned paper. Good spot!

laurie said...

This is such a FUN card Nance! so bright and cheerful, love the cute balloons!

Have a great day:)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

I like this fun and cheerful card, Nance! The balloons are amazing in die-cuts, patterns and stamped.

LeAnne said...

What a fun birthday card! Your MIL will love it! Happy and cheerful!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, what a special card and such a great memory, Nance. I think that is my favorite thing about being a card maker, being able to personalize cards for people. Your MIL will love this, I'm sure!

Jaydee said...

Nance, You have such an incredibly distinctive style and I love that. The use of the twine for the balloons is genius and I love how you decorated the inside, too. I know your MIL will have this wonderful card. thanks for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Your MIL will LOVE this special card! The gorgeous color combo is eye catching! The use of the DSP is genius! You are certainly blessed to have your in laws. That vacation sounds like it was amazing! Have a wonderful week, My Friend! XX

Mac Mable said...

I love those die cut balloons with the cute paper. Fun and colourful and yes you where very fortunate with the trip with your very kind in laws x Such a personal and thoughtful card for your Mil x

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a fun card...
TFS,
Karen

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! I LOVE all those bright happy colours!!