Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Paper, Paper so much Paper! PP341

I have sooooo much patterened paper--too much!  All the pretty prints and colors are hard to resist but I really have waaaay toooo much.  I've cut down on how much I buy and I'm trying to use it instead of hoard it.  Can you relate?!  :-)  So with Sandy's super fabulous sketch in hand, I made TWO cards using up some of my stash!  Take a look at her awesome sketch this week at The Paper Players:


The same sketch but two very different looks just by changing the paper and the colors.  The first card uses some retired Botanical Gardens DSP and the colors are Basic Black, Hello Honey and Mint Macaron.   I used the coordinating dies from the Special Reason stamp set to cut the flowers and leaves tucking a few behind the main panel.  It took some figuring with scrap copy paper to get the sizing of the sketch elements just right so in case you're interested....the main panel of DSP is 3.25" x 5.5" and the secondary panel (with the flower die-cut) is 2.75" x 3.5".  The second card is exactly the same layout and measurements just changing the paper for retired Birthday Bouquet DSP and the colors of Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron and Mossy Meadow.

The Special Reason stamp set made quick work of the inside with that gorgeous bloom.  A little masking to create the leaves and a simple sentiment finished it off.  That's it for me today friends....pop on over to the rest of my teamies at The Paper Players and check out their fabulous creations.  Come play along with us before the challenge closes on Friday, April 28th at Noon (PST).  

12 comments:

Susan K said...

Your card caught my eye on the PP challenge and had to stop by for a closer look! Yes, I have too much paper too (who doesn't?!) so am going to CASE this card! Beautiful inside and out--both of them! TFS.

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love both cards - but the black one is stunning. I rarely use black, but it works so well with your DSP that you have really inspired me. I love the calm serenity of the other. Both fabulous!
Hugs
Jaydee

laurie said...

Awesome set of cards Nance!I love the dies you used, and the colors are gorgeous too!

Nancy said...

Love the floral designer paper, so pretty and the die cut flowers are a perfect touch. I also like how you stamped a bit of the flower on the smaller panel. Of course the inside of both cards are lovely!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance,

LOVE this design and what a great way to use up old DSP. I have TONS of it too. I love your color combos and remember both of the DSP patterns. The black was a FAV. I also LOVE this die set.... so if you don't mind I might CASE this for my May class. quick and easy and I can get rid of some DSP too! Hugs

stampwithsandy said...

LOL you are so funny Nance, and I agree I am drowning in paper! How come I can never find just the right one, though? Both cards are fabulous, love your use of positive / negative space. So glad I inspired you!

Being Mrs Miles said...

WOW Nance,

You went crazy with takes on this sketch and each one is unique and exciting. You truly created three masterpieces. Someone's (three someones)l will be much blessed.

Linda Callahan said...

Um yes I can so relate!!! I love the florals and this die set!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Ohh, those flowers!!! So beautiful and lovely!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Ok, so I totally get the paper hoarding thing!! I honestly have boxfuls, even though I use loads! These cards are gorgeous in both colourways Nance and I so love those framelits. I made your birthday card this afternoon - you'll be pleased to know I used a current stamp set but some of one of my favourite retired papers too!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, I TOO am a Paper Hoarder! I love it and keep buying more. When is enough-enough?!?!? Both of your cards are gorgeous! I love the florals and that die! Great way to use some of your beautiful DSP! Have a great weekend, My Friend! XX

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Nance! Your cards are beautiful! Great mix of papers and dies! Thanks for the inspiration!