Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

This 'n' That Sketch {PP143}

Hiya, friends and Happy Sunday! Of course, Sunday means another week with The Paper Players where our friend, Ann, is hosting a sketch challenge. I LOVE sketch challenges, don't you? They're a great way to get the mojo flowing and Ann's sketch this week is no exception: 
This one's a keeper!  Love the flagged banners and I knew right away that I wanted to use some Washi Tape from Stampin' Up's new suite of products called This and That

Washi Tape is so much fun to work with!  It's re-positionable and for someone like me (a little OCD) who loves to play around with the layout, being able to pick it up and re-position the pieces of tape is key!  The colors in the Epic Day DSP are so fresh and modern and made choosing my color palette easy. The base is Crumb Cake and the DSP is layered onto Gumball Green.  I stamped the big flower from Betsy's Blossom's onto Daffodil Delight cardstock and stamped the fun Hey There sentiment (from my first Paper Pumpkin kit) in Gumball Green. 
The fabulous patterns on the washi tape really show up well when attached to a neutral base.  Here, I added some score lines to a strip of Very Vanilla cardstock that I aged with my spritzer and Crumb Cake marker as well as some sponging.  
On the inside I really played around with color and texture--adding an itty bit of washi tape and some embossed chevrons made with the Borders Scoring Plate.  The Feel Goods sentiment was inked up in markers and the flowers from Fabulous Florets were added in Pool Party for a splash of fun!

And for even more fun, be sure to check out the rest of the creations from our design team--there's good eye candy there!  We hope you'll join in the fun this week before the challenge closes on Friday, May 3rd at Noon (PDT).  Thanks for stopping by today!

The Paper Players Design Team

 Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms; Hey There; Fabulous Florets; Feel Goods
Ink: Gumball Green. Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Pool Party
Paper: Crumb Cake, Gumball, Green, Very Vanilla; Epic Day This and That DSP
Extras: 2.5" circle punch; In Color Dahlias; Simply Scored; Borders Scoring Plate; Epic Day Washi Tape

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Hey there friend - this is smashing!

Mary Hogenmiller said...

Nance--
I'm just lovin' this card. Perfect for the Paper players challenge and a perfect way to showcase This 'n' That. I can't go with out mentioning the Betsy's Blossom background and Dahlia. So Sharp, Crisp and current.
Just Awesome!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance,
Really a cool card and great use of the washi tape. I especially like the score lines in the card base. hugs.

Justin said...

LOVE the card! That DSP and Washi tape is so much fun! The inside is fantastic! :-)

LeAnne said...

I love that we both used the same paper and came up with TOTALLY DIFFERENT cards! Wheee! I wish I had gotten that Paper Pumpkin (I guess I still can!) because I just love that cute little sentiment! Fun bright, cheery card!

Amy O said...

Oh, Nance! What a fun, fun card! I love the washi tape used for the banners, and I love the scored and spritzed panel. And the inside is just as fantastic! Wow!

Ann Schach said...

So bright and cheery, Nance! I really like this paper. And woo hoo...the washi tape is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Nance :)
I haven't worked with Washi tape yet-it looks fun though-i love how you have used it for your banners.
Nessa xx

Nancy said...

Nance,
Definitely a happy little card, nice designer paper and your use of the washi tape is great. I keep buying washi tape but, yet to use...maybe you've inspired me!
Luv,
Mom

Brian King said...

A beautiful balance of colors, Nance. You've inspired me to pull out my washi tape and get to work!

stampwithsandy said...

Nance, I always appreciate how you pay attention to the insides of your cards, too. They are just as pretty as the outside. Love this card, great colors and I love that washi tape! Hugs :) Sandy

Vicky Hayes said...

I loved what you've created with these gorgeous items Nance - I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Fresh, fun and fabby! Nance, you always have he best ideas. Love how you incorporated so many elements into your pretty card!