Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Moving Forward with Color {PP141}

Hiya peeps! Happy Sunday to you and yours. It's Paper Players time and Awesome-Anne-Marie has a beautiful color challenge for us this week:
Aren't they pretty together?!  I saw this fabulous past sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch and knew right away that I wanted to feature the fun blimp from the set, Moving Forward.  First, here's the sketch:
And here's what I did with it:
Stampin Up's Framelits make it so easy to embrace the trend of using a negative space (the space left behind when punched or cut out with a die).  I cut a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock to the desired size (3 x 5.25"), ran it through the Big Shot with an Oval Framelit which created a perfect space to stamp the blimp from Moving Forward in Rich Razzleberry. 
Of course, the Cloudy Day embossing folder is the perfect texture for this sky high sentiment!  I made a sweet little embellishment out of the sentiment with the Itty Bitty Banner Framelits and trailed them from the blimp with some Island Indigo Baker's Twine.
 
The clouds, birds and sentiment from the Up, Up & Away set were a perfect match for the theme of my card. 

I hope today's card has inspired you to play along with Anne-Marie's gorgeous colors this week.  We would love to see you in the gallery!  Please do check out the rest of the Design Team's creations over at The Paper Players and then go get crafty!  Our challenge closes on Friday, April 19th at Noon (PDT).  

The Paper Players Design Team
Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Moving Forward; Up, Up & Away 
Ink: Rich Razzelberry, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo
Paper: Rich Razzelberry, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Whisper White CS; Summer Smooches DSP
Extras: Oval & Itty Bitty Framelits; Island Indigo Baker's Twine; Cupcake punch; Cloud Day embossing folder; Basic Rhinestones

18 comments:

Dana said...

I love this card. Great use of the sketch.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Absolutely Adorable, love how you used the negative space which is perfect for that fat little blimp, so cute! Ann Marie's color choices are gorgeous together (or even alone). The inside of your card is as cute as the outside too. Love all the details on the card.
Luv,
Mom

stampwithsandy said...

Nance, what a gorgeous card, inside and out! I love the clouds and that the blimp is flying in that perfectly shaped negative area. Hugs :) Sandy

Marisa said...

Very cute, Nance! Love the blimp and the embossed clouds. Lovely use of the colours.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is FANTASTIC! Wow love how you used these colors and the really loving the sketch. Your blimp is so cute and love the banners trailing behind. So very cool on the inside and out! hugs

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card Nance-i LOVE it !Really clever design-very detailed,yet still so very clean :)
Thank you for chosing my card in The Paper Players challenge-i had a lot of fun !
Nessa xx

Linda Callahan said...

loveitloveitloveit! Great colors - and wonderful design! The negative space looks so cool!

LeAnne said...

This is such a great sketch...I never got to use it when it first came out, and you've used this fun set in a tip-top way! Love the clouds!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, the inside and outside are fabulous. I love the way you positioned the tag- so free flying! Love that you picked RR for the blimp!

Andrea W said...

All your design elements came together beautifully. Wonderful card!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is great fun Nance and I love the way you put the Up Up and Away images with the blimp!

Mikki said...

Nance, this card is so creative with the blimp and how it looks flying along with the cute little tags. Terrific use of the sketch and colors!

Margaret said...

Love the use of negative space to draw the eye to your cute little blimp! The trailing banners are wonderful too!

Amy O said...

What a fun card, Nance! I love the clouds and the trailing banner. Great use of the colors!

Ann Schach said...

How cute is this, Nance! The little banners being pulled by the blimp are so clever!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card! I really love that Cloudy Day EF! I still haven't gotten that stamp set, I better get a move on if I want it! :-)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, this is adorable! I loved it as soon as I saw it! The layout is great and your details are fabulous as always. Those little banners...eeek! Too cute! This is just an all around F-U-N creation! You made my colors shine this week, my friend! :)

Heather said...

Wonderful card Nance! I'm trying to case your idea and I can't figure out how you embossed the cloud layer with the longer embossing folder in the direction you did. If you could share that tip, I would really appreciate it! Thanks for the wonderful idea! Love it