Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pretty in Spring {CD94}

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to another week of The Color Dare.  This week Riley has chosen a happy springtime combination for us: Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink and Perfect Plum.  So soft and pretty!
With colors like these, I just had to go the springtime route even though it is nowhere near spring--not even here in Florida!  I cut a Whisper White oval with my Scallop Oval Frame die and stamped the little girl silhouette from Easter Blossoms in Pretty in Pink.  so sweet.  I love how the oval looks like an Easter egg!  Next I ran the Pear Pizzazz card base through the Framed Tulip embossing folder.  The pear polka dot DSP is from the level one hostess pack and is matted with Perfect Plum.  You might remember from last week's Color Dare post that when I color stumps me, I try to use less of it than the other colors.  Perfect Plum has always been a stumper (hi Diane) for me.  But here, it tones down the pastels just enough.
I stamped the Perfect Plum strip behind the bow with a row of eggs from Nature Walk.  They're mostly hidden but I like that--it makes you want to peek around the bow to see what's behind there.
I made a big bow with Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon and with a piece of Linen Thread tied this little flower button onto the bow.  I just trimmed the thread short and tucked it behind the ribbon.  Our largest basic pearl fits snugly in the center and because they're self-adhesive it stays in place!
More cherry blossoms from the same set for the inside--stamped in Pear Pizzazz and colored with a Blushing Bride marker (I don't have a PIP marker!).  Love this sentiment and stamped in Perfect Plum, it pulls all the challenge colors together!

So there you have it: speckled eggs, cherry blossoms, tulips and a little girl in her Sunday best!  All the ingredients for happy springtime wishes!  If only that's what it took to make spring, spring!  We'll have to wait a while longer for but you don't have to wait to check out the rest of the design team inspiration on their blogs:
Gonna make this one short on the details...I'm pooped!  Thanks for stopping by and, as always, I would love to hear what you think.  I read each and every comment--sometimes more than once(!)--and appreciate them all!  Have a great day everyone!

    12 comments:

    Nancy said...

    Absolutely adorable, I still can't get over how pretty the tulip frame embossing folder is, can't wait to receive mine too. Like the ribbon, button and pearl treatment and the touch of Perfect Plum is "perfect". Cute idea for the speckled eggs to peek out behind the ribbon. Your coloring on the Apple Blossoms inside is so pretty, great job.

    Christina said...

    This card just makes me yearn for spring! Such a sweet silhouette image and great use of the colors. But my absolute favorite detail is the darling row of speckled eggs peeking out from behind the bow!

    Marisa said...

    You took the high road on this challenge using so much of the colours :) Love the EF and the image is darling. Wonderfully done.

    jjcreations said...

    I had not wanted to get this stamp set, but we used it at our Extravaganza this past weekend, and I love your gorgeous card.....so I guess I'm going to have to get it. Good thing it's Sale-a-bration time!

    Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

    Oh my goodness Nance if this isn't just the cutest most adorable card!! This is just perfect in every way... you really used this week's colors to perfection my dear, tfs!!!

    Anne Marie Hile said...

    Perfectly pretty in pink, Nance! This is an awesome color combo and great with this set. As always, the inside of the card is just as beautiful as the front. Love it! :)

    Linda McClain said...

    Oh my . . . what a beautiful site you have and your cards are so delicious. Your Mom sent me over from Splitcoast - so glad she did. This spring card is so lovely! I hope you'll play along with our Catered Crop challenge some time - bring some class to the joint. ;)

    Glenda J said...

    So adorable! Love the polka dots and the texture! Great work.

    jaydee said...

    Nance, another fabulous use of the color scheme. This really is such a pretty color combo, the plum helps to ground the lighter colors. The polka dot paper behind the focal image is gorgeous, as is the pearl in the button. thanks for showing us the very pretty inside, too.
    hugs
    jaydee

    Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

    Oh so pretty and Eastery... is that word? Just love how which layer to do in which color. So soft and pretty. That embossing folder is fabulous.
    My set and embossing folder is in the mail as we speak!

    Barb said...

    This is sooo adorable! Love your 'hidden' Easter eggs, too!! TFS :)

    Cindy Major said...

    Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Love how you decorated the inside as well!

    Cindy