Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Merry Pumpkin Spice! PP362

Oh my friends, am I glad to be back with you!  I've been in a tunnel of Hurricane Irma--before, during and after.  We are very fortunate to have come through without any damage to property but it was a whirlwind roller coaster of emotions not knowing where it was going to land or how we would fare through the storm.  Big thanks to everyone who sent me thoughts and prayers through it all.    Happy to move on to brighter things, including being back with my gal pals at The Paper Players where lovely LeAnne has a fun Clean-and-Simple challenge for us:
Clean-and-Simple Harvest!  The harvest photo inspired me with the colors of black, green and vanilla and I found the perfect companion in the Merry Cafe stamp set:
I live in Florida now but growing up in Michigan, the best part of fall was a trip to the cider mill.  Fresh apple cider and warm cinnamon doughnuts with a walk in the crisp autumn air was the perfect way to spend a fall Sunday.  Although we weren't drinking pumpkin spice lattes back then, I can't think of PSL season without thinking of our family trips to the cider mill!  Now, my daughter and I herald the arrival of fall with the appearance of pumpkin spice at Starbucks!  Cider mill or PSL, it's all family memories that I cherish.  The fabulous square sketch at Freshly Made Sketches inspired my layout with a 4.25" square that fits inside a regular A2 enveloped for easy mailing.
This gorgeous plaid paper is from the Merry Little Christmas DSP--proving that a great pattern is more versatile than just Christmas. There are some sweet little sentiments in the Merry Cafe set and I finished out the inside with a combination of two different stamps.  

I hope you enjoyed my card today--thank you for stopping by!  Before you go, be sure to check out the rest of the inspiration from The Paper Players design team.  I hope you'll play along with us before our challenge ends on Friday, September 22nd at Noon (PST).

The Paper Players Design Team 

15 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute cards. I'm loving the plaid bkgd. And, yes, Michigan is amazing in the fall. Right now we're having a warm spell but the leaves are changing and those cool, crisp days are coming.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I loved reading your post today Nance - so glad you are safe and well; childhood Sundays at the cider mill sound idyllic. Love your PSL-inspired cards this week; the plaid is gorgeous! Great job.

Jan Clothier said...

I enjoyed your trip down memory lane of autumns in Michigan. It sounds idyllic. I do love those bold check backgrounds for the cards - very striking. Great cards!

Amy O said...

I love that plaid dsp. It's perfect for Fall, and your card captures that Fall feeling beautifully. So glad to hear that Irma's effects were minimal for you.

laurie said...

I ADORE that plaid! Looks so fun with the coffee...warm and inviting. Great fall card!

Have a good day!

stampwithsandy said...

Nance I love how you picked the greens and black from the inspiration photo for a more modern take on the challenge. Those leaf die cuts are so intricate too, love them!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Love both of these beauties! Don't you just love that DSP. I can't wait to use in my next class. The touch of leaf peeking out is adds to the sentiment... love it. Hugs

LeAnne said...

I am so glad you came through the hurricane safe & sound! We were praying for everyone...such a scary time with more storms to come! Your pretty little cards are just adorable, and I love your staging, outside with the lovely green grass behind! The leafy diecut is just the right touch with that big bold plaid! Thanks for rocking my challenge this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

I just LOVE this card and PSL! The mix of green, black and vanilla are gorgeous! I was just talking to my Mom today about the orchard we always visited in the Fall to buy apple cider and apples. Your card certainly made me smile! I am so happy Irma turned away from you! I know it was a stressful time! XXX

Stampingcountry said...

:) Looks like we both love the plaid paper! Cute cards, Nancy!

Annie S. said...

Welcome back, Nance! So happy to hear you weathered the storm but can't imagine the emotions you had to go through. I know just watching the coverage on TV was frightening! Your card is wonderful and I love all things black and white with a pop of color. Great card!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance... I just RE-read your post and noticed that these are 4.25 square.... I 'thought' they were 5x5 when I first looked, which I don't like to mail... but these are perfect!
So cute!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous cards, Nance! Love the plaid!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOVE those colours together!!!!! So fun!!!!!!!

Jaydee said...

Nance, I have been sending you positive thoughts and prayers and am so glad that you are safe. This really has been a dreadful storm and affected so many.

I love your cards. I can't make up my mind whether I prefer the green one or the white one. They both look fabulous and I love the little par-tea sentiment on this inside, too. Such wonderful bold, graphic cards and I love them
hugs
jaydee