Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Brightly Lit for Halloween PP363

 I am excited to host this week's challenge over at The Paper Players with a sketch that I designed! 
It's funny, this sketch is a little more layered than most of my cards lately but I really just wanted to work with paper and layers!
I also really wanted to play with this new bundled stamp set and framelits called Brightly Lit Christmas....and I REALLY wanted to use it to make a Halloween card! So, I did.  :-)  With the help of the new cat punch, that is.  The background paper is long ago retired  but, of course, I hoarded it and still have plenty.  The rest of the card is quite simple--there's hardly any stamping. I will admit, as much as I like the cute lampost once it's put together, it is time consuming!  Not sure how many of these I would make.  I do like the separate die that cuts a piece to go behind the lantern to light it up.  I took my color cue from the paper and used [retired] More Mustard for the inserts as well as the sponged circle behind the lamp.  I'm afraid once I assembled everything, my mojo--as well as my time--had run out so I didn't finish the inside for you today.  In fact, I'm going to cut this short as we just recently arrived back home from an all-day volleyball tournament and this volleyball mama is ti-red!

I love what my teammates did with my sketch so I do hope you will go check them out at The Paper Players.  Maybe they will inspired you to play along with us before the challenge ends on Friday, September 29th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!


The Paper Players Design Team 


11 comments:

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love this sketch - it was so great to work with. Oh... I love your black cat as the central element and he works so well against that fabulous DSP. Your shading around your lamp post is fantastic. Fabulous card, my friend.
Hugs
Jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is the BEST sketch! I had so many ideas for it! Your black cat is illuminated under that beautiful glow from your street light! WOW! A perfect scene! I hope you have a great week and I hope the volleyball tournament was a lot of fun!!! XX

stampwithsandy said...

Nance I loved working with this sketch and love what you've done with it. Your little Halloween scene is wonderful, from the glow of the lamplight to the spooky black cat!

laurie said...


What a great idea for Halloween...love the lamp posts! Really cute card Nance. AND a great sketch!

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely! I love that soft glow of light that you've added - it just brings the whole arrangement to life. Your sketch is wonderful - so many possibilities - it's one to keep, that's for sure.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance what a great card! Love the lamppost used for Halloween... so creative. I also LOVE how you sponged the "glow" of the lamps. This is also a great way to use the Cat punch. Very nice... and I too... hoard ALL my old DSP. 8-)

PS: Go Volley Ball Team... they looked fantastic in your post. Hugs.

LeAnne said...

What a great way to combine all these elements....love that lantern and your spooky cat! A perfectly haunting Halloween card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this sketch Nance - so many creative possibilities! Your fabulous lamppost and spooky black cat make for a perfect Halloween card - I love the soft glow behind. Hope the volleyball was fun!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a spooktacular card Nance! Love the fun scene that you created! Thanks for the inspiration!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh I love the "glow" from the lamps. Such a fun card Nance!

Annie S. said...

Love the street lamp with the cat. Great Halloween card and thanks for such a fun sketch ~ had a great time playing with paper for this one! Have a great weekend :)