Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Bicycle for...Three! PP293

This week, I am the hostess at The Paper Players for a theme challenge.  May is National Bike Month in the US and bikes are a big part of our family.  We love to ride them together and my husband is an avid cyclist.  We cycle while on holiday, we attend cycling events and we even host cycling races!  So yeah....bikes are a big part of our lives. :-)
With all that said about how much we like bikes, you would think I own a bunch of bicycle stamps, right?  Ha!  I found out that I don't....whoops!  Fortunately, I do own the Sheltering Tree stamp set which has the cutest little bike in it:
When I showed this card to my  hubby, he said wow it even has a different color for the fork!  That is the cutest part of this stamp--that the wheels, seat and handlebars are one stamp and the bike frame is separate.  The result is a bike in whatever color you wish! 
In the case of my card, I used a snippet of the Cherry on Top DSP stack and took my colors from the paper: Crushed Curry, Watermelon Wonder and Bermuda Bay.   The tree trunk is stamped in Tip Top Taupe and the leaves are Cucumber Crush.  I used the "ground" stamp from the set to stamp just a little bit of grass on the hill for the bikes to ride on.
...and on the inside there's another cute bike coming down the hill...

I hope you will ride on over to The Paper Players and check out the rest of the Design Team and their fabulous samples!   Maybe you'll be inspired to make a bike card of your own...or maybe even go on a bike ride!  Thanks for stopping by.

The Paper Players Design Team
Photobucket

7 comments:

Nancy said...

So cute, love all the different colored bikes, the tiny bit of grass they're on is a perfect touch.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A perfect card for this week's challenge Nance - a super-cute bike trio and a lovely little scene you created. If the weather stays fine here, I will definitely be out on my bike this weekend!

Linda Callahan said...

Loved your theme.....and I thought the same thing...no bike image! Totally forgot about Sheltering Tree! I dug into Paper Pumpkin archives! Your bright bikes are sweet - love your scene with the tree!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Cute cute cute..... looks like your family going for a ride! Hugs.

LeAnne said...

Love your bicycles...inside and out! We are not much of a biking family, there just aren't any safe roads around here on which to ride, so watching me pedal a bike is pretty hysterical! I will have to enjoy biking vicariously through your card!

laurie said...

Your row of bikes is so cute Nance! I love how you finished off the inside of the card,too. Fun idea!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is such a fabulous challenge! I love it! Your row of bikes is perfect for your family! The scene your created is amazing, My Friend! XX