Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Crazy About You, Deer: PP275

Hiya friends! We are winding things down at The Paper Players with our final challenge of 2015.  After this week, we will take a little Paper Players break to enjoy the holidays.  We will be back on January 3rd with a new challenge and a new set of Guest Designers!  Unfortunately, that means we say goodbye to our current crew of Guest Designers: Amy, Jodi & Lisa.  We are sad to see them go but it has been wonderful working with all of them--thanks ladies!

Lovely LeAnne is our hostess this week with a beautiful trio of traditional colors...
Our daughter celebrated her birthday yesterday and I used this week's challenge as the inspiration for her card:
I had so much fun making this card!  I knew our daughter would love the sweet little deer in the Home for Christmas DSP and the other patterns in the pack fit the color challenge.  I decided to use two deer to represent my husband and myself. Even though the deer actually had a Real Red bow, I used the lightest shade of a Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities marker (remember those?) to change the color to match our challenge.  
 Because this is her golden birthday--she turned 12 on December 12th--I added lots of gold accents with the gold thread and gold vellum paper.  You can't see it in the photo but the deer also have a brush of golden Wink of Stella on their backs.
Maybe you can see that I also brushed it onto the die-cut thinlit that coordinates with the Crazy For You stamp set.  You might also notice that the die-cut is pretty thick.  That's four layers of die-cut glued together.  To make it easy, I added a piece of adhesive sheet paper to the back of my Cherry Cobbler cardstock before I ran it through the Big Shot.  Peel the backing off and just stacked each one to build up a nice substantial weight.  I think it really stands out more than the single layer.
One more fussy-cut deer that I thought might be just like our daughter jumping for joy on her birthday.  She was having so much fun that she kicked up some golden stardust too!  

I hope you'll kick up some action in your craft space this week and join us for one last 2015 challenge at The Paper Players.  The rest of the Design Team have some beautiful inspiration for you so be sure to check it out before the challenge closes on Friday, December 18th at Noon (PST).  I'll be taking a bit of a bloggy break until the new year so here's wishing you a Happy Holiday and a peaceful New Year!
 
The Paper Players Design Team
Sandy Mathis
Photobucket

13 comments:

Jaydee said...

Nance... what a truly magical winter birthday card. I love the snowflake background, the little deer, the shimmer on the sentiment... love everything about it and I know she will have, too!
Hugs
Jaydee

laurie said...

This is SO cute! I love those deer, they are so sweet, and make an awesome Birthday card. I bet she was so excited! Merry Christmas, Nance!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Nance, I got tears in my eyes when I read this post! I ADORE this gorgeous card. The little dear were my favorite thing in the catalog for the holiday! I know Miss Arden will cherish this forever! You should frame it! I can't say enough about this one, My Friend! XXX

Unknown said...

What a sweet card for your daughter Nance - your dear deer! :) Thank you for the kind words. Thank you for your kindness and encouragement during these past six months as I had the honor and privilege of being a guest designer with the paper players. I sure will miss it - and all of you. I cannot thank you enough for the honor. Merry christmas!

LeAnne said...

This is adorable, and how sweet that you used those sweet little deer to make a birthday card! LOVE the wink of stella and how you built up the diecuts....it really does make more of an impact! Cute inside and out, as always! And wish Arden a happy birthday from me!

Jenna ♥ said...

Hi Nance, This is wonderful B-day card!!! Love your deer and the winter scene!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Jenna

Nancy said...

Such a sweet card for a sweet little 12 year old! Love the idea of the two deer representing both you and Todd, great idea.
Luv
Mom

stampwithamyk said...

How sweet is that?!? Love your little deer with that sentiment. Beautiful layering, fabulous card! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is ADORABLE! Love the music... the little deer....the die cut YOU....and embossing / embellishing... so Cute! hugs.

stampwithsandy said...

Nance this card is absolutely gorgeous! You have really outdone yourself this time. I bet your DD loved this. Those deer are so adorable, and I love all the white space and delicious texture. A very Merry Christmas to you and your family and I'll see you in 2016!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so sweet Nance, love this little deer!! The inside of the card is adorable too. CUTE card!! I've had a great time guesting with all of you talented ladies. I'll be back next year playing along with the challenges!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh Nance this is just gorgeous - what a fabulous Winter birthday card, I'm sure your daughter will love it! Those deers are just so adorable - including the jumping one inside! The layering, texture and thread detail makes this card a stunner - bravo!

Anonymous said...

This is BEYOND cute!!! Love the little deer & tge embossed background us fabulous :)