Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Snowy Sleigh Ride: PP274

Oh my gosh, friends!  I've been away from my blog for weeks--I'm so sorry.  Holiday travel, volleyball, birthdays and special events have kept me crazy, crazy busy!  I know you're all feeling it too so I will keep this short.  My dear friend, Claire, has a fun and festive challenge at The Paper Players for us:
With precious little time to work on a DT card, I grabbed my Sleigh Ride edgelit dies for a quick card:
This card features some of my very favorite products from this holiday catalog.  Besides the wonderful edgelit dies, the Softly Falling embossing folder and the wooden Snowflake Elements are beautiful!  
To make the sentiment panel, I cut a large piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with the Sleigh Ride edgelit and then trimmed it down to 4" wide to fit the front panel of my card.  The sentiment from To You and Yours was stamped in Mossy Meadow to coordinate with my die cut tree horizon.  In keeping with the theme, I used a snow flurry pattern from the Home for Christmas DSP and stamped some additional snowflakes in Pool Party.
A couple Pool Party brushstrokes from A Work of Art created a swirling background of snow for the inside and this retired sentiment remains a favorite.  

I hope you've enjoyed today's card!  Be sure to pop over to The Paper Players and check out the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  We hope you will find some time in your schedule to get crafty with us this week!  Our challenge closes on Friday, December 11th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for hanging in there with me!

 The Paper Players Design Team
Sandy Mathis



Photobucket

10 comments:

stampingwithlulu said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Very CASE-worthy, indeed! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Nance this card is gorgeous - it uses many of my favourite things too! I think the sleigh ride edgelits will become classics; I love the way you created a panel over the circle to really show them off. Welcome back to blogland!

LeAnne said...

What an awesome creation....these are some of my favorite things from the catalog too! But the "swoosh" of color on the inside...I MUST remember to do that! So clever & creative!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, I love every singe detail of this spectacular card!!!! Embossing, layers, twine, enamel dots and all the things that make me smile! The inside is so gorgeous, too! This card should be treasured by it's recipient!!!! Thank you for making my challenge shine!!!!! XX

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance... what a pretty card .. I love the edgelit scene dies, but have not purchased them. Your additional stamping on the DSP is so pretty, but I really love the big SWOOSH inside.... very nice.
hugs.

Julie Davison said...

Absolutely beautiful! Stunning, as always!

stampwithamyk said...

I just love this!! Your layering is perfect and your snowflake embellishment is fabulous!! Great colors, great design!

stampwithsandy said...

An absolutely stunning card, Nance. You've combined so many delicious elements and they are all balanced so perfectly.

Ashley H said...

this is beautiful!