Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

You Make Me Happy

Hiya friends and happy Thursday!  The weekend is almost here--hurrah!  I've got a little somethin' from this month's stamp club to share with you featuring two of the fabulous stamp sets available during Sale-a-Bration, See Ya Later and Banner Blast:
I think there have been lots of these suns made all over blogland so I'm not sure where the idea originated but the first time I saw it was on Erica Cerwin's blog here.  I thought the idea was fabulous and I love finding different ways to use SU products.  I used a total of 16 banners to make the sun's rays--8 punched from Daffodil Delight CS and 8 stamped with Tangerine Tango ink on Whisper White CS and punched out.  A line of SNAIL tape all the way around the back of the circle and then I just positioned the banners one on top of the other, alternating colors around the circle.
I pulled the colors from this fun pattern in the Watercolor Wonder DSP and added some clouds with the Cupcake Builder punch--so cute!  The background needed a little touch of something but with the busy sun, I didn't want to add too much....then I realized that this Gorgeous Grunge stamp looked just like rain!!  Stamped in Smoky Slate ink on the Smoky Slate cardstock, it's just what the background needed.
The little banners in Banner Blast are so stinkin' cute, that all of them needed to come out and play on the inside.  It was pretty easy to line them up once I started with the middle two.  I'm not exactly sure what occasion I would use this card for but I think it could be the perfect pick-me-up for someone who needs it!  I hope it's brought a smile to your face today...sending good thoughts your way!

Photobucket

Supplies
Stamps: Banner Blast, See Ya Later, Perfect Pennants, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango & Smoky Slate
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate & Whisper White CS; Watercolor Wonder DSP
Xtras: Banner punch; Island Indigo Baker's Twine; 2.5" circle punch; Cupcake Builder punch

1 comment:

stampwithsandy said...


Cute, cute, cute! I love this and have all the ingredients to make one, too. So there will be a case of a case of a case happening, I think!