Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paper Players Challenge Extension

So did you survive the big Blogger crash?  Whether you have your own blog or follow others it was a rough stretch for a few days in blogland.  I was lucky and didn't lose posts or info but I'm still glad they got everything working again!  One good thing that came out of the Blogger troubles is an extension to The Paper Players Colour Challenge!!  You have one more week to play along with these yummy colors:
I just received the Nautical Expedition designer paper as well as The Open Sea stamp set and couldn't wait to use both of them so I made another card with our color combo!  
Yes, it looks alot like this card from a couple days ago!  Sometimes I want to create something but don't have the mental energy to put forth, you know?  Yesterday was one of those days so I CASED myself!  This time I stamped the sailboat from Sail Away in timber brown Stazon on SU watercolor paper and brushed on some Not Quite Navy ink with my aqua painter.  I used a Cherry Cobbler base with the manifest stamp from The Open Sea as my background:
Some Early Espresso Nautical Expedition paper was crumpled and sponged with Early Espresso ink.  The Tasteful Trims die got a workout again:
but this time I wrapped it with some Cherry Cobbler baker's twine--doesn't it look oh-so-nautical?  I can't take the credit for the idea--my good friend Elizabeth came up with that fantastic idea (hi, E!).   And here's a quick peek at the inside too:
I hope you've enjoyed my sample for round 2 of our Color Challenge at The Paper Players.  I'd love to know what you think of today's card.  If you would like to play along, you have until Friday, May 20th at midnight (PST) to link up your creation at The Paper Players blog.  We hope you'll play along with us!


supplies:
stamps: sail away, the open sea, word play
paper: cherry cobbler, very vanilla CS; nautical expedition & first edition DSP; watercolor paper
ink: timber brown stazon; early espresso, not quite navy, cherry cobbler
xtras: sprial edge punch; tasteful trims die; cherry cobbler baker's twine; star designer brad [retired]

10 comments:

June Houck said...

Beautifully done, Nance! What a gorgeous masculine card; inside & out :)

None None said...

Gorgeous card, Nance! I love the look of the twine wrapped around the scalloped border. Wonderful idea by your friend and excellent execution by you.

Nancy said...

Woo hoo...fabulous card. The Sail Away stamp is right at the top of my fav list, every time I see it I like it more. Just rec'd mine, hope to make a card with it today. Kudos to Elizabeth great idea with the twine, it just enhances all the other elements of the card. Love your comment about CASing yourself, too funny.
Luv,
Mom

Christina said...

Love the way that twine looks--it definitely adds to the nautical theme! Another fabulous masculine card!

Linda Callahan said...

You are so funny! I love that you cased yourself! The twine is fab but my favorite is still how wonderful that sentiment looks inside stamped over the ship!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is FABULOUS. I like it even more than the first one. I agree with Linda the twine wrap is my FAVORITE part... and it looks like it's bobbing in the water [well it does to me anyway]. I just know EVERYONE will be CASEing this, I know I will. FABULOUS CARD!!! ALL the details... I can't stop looking. Hugs.

Marisa said...

You are rocking this set! I can't wait to get mine and case some of your wonderful cards using it! Love the twine wrap. Great card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, I love everything about this! Perfect nautical theme and your details are awesome, as always! The twine wrapped around the decorative trim is fab-u-lous and I love the newsprint DSP mat. Awesome job!! Hugs! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Beautiful card, Nance! :)

jaydee said...

Nance, gorgeous card. Fabulous water coloring! Absolutely awesome....
oh... and... a little birdie told me that I should be singing a happy tune for you today.... HB2U - with a big hug
I hope it is a truly wonderful day
hugs
jaydee