The bitty bats were punched from our cardstock Vellum with the Bitty Bat punch. They are attached to the card with glue dots which I covered with a Basic Rhinestone. Those little jewels can cover all kinds of things with bling! Here you see a close-up of this fabulous specialty paper. The pack features 2 designs with velvet flocking! Those basic black polka dots are flocked and oh-so-cool.
Lastly, a peek at the inside. Usually, I use Very Vanilla or Whisper White on the inside but those colors seemed too bright for this card. Needed something a little moodier so a piece of Dusty Durango coordinates nicely with the Cajun Craze paper on the front. (I'm trying to use up my retired Durango paper!) A few more scraps of DSP, some Cajun Craze bats, a sentiment from All Holidays and I call it done!
I really like the layout of this card and I thought you might too, so here are some dimensions to help you recreate your own version. If you do, leave a link in the comments so I can come check it out!
- the basic gray A2 base is cut longways 4.25" x 5.5" with a side fold
- the cajun craze polka-dot DSP is 4" x 2"
- adhere DSP to a coordinating piece of cardstock for stability--here I've used basic black 4" x 2.25"
- cut piece of old olive 4" x 1", use your favorite border punch and attach to DSP
- wrap approx. 14" piece of rich razzleberry 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around dsp and tie knot
- sentiment stamped with sentiment and spider web from Wicked Cool and punched with Large Oval punch
- punch bitty bats from vellum or paper of your choice and adhere with glue dots. cover with rhinestone if necessary.
- inside panel is 4" x 5.25"
stamps: wicked cool, all holidays
ink: cajun craze, basic black, basic gray
paper: basic gray, basic black, old olive, cajun craze, dusty durango CS; wicked fun specialty paper
xtras: spider web embossing folder; bitty bat, scallop border & large oval punches; tasteful trims XL die; rich razzleberry 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; basic jewel rhinestones.