Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Love is Kindness PP287

Hello and happy Sunday, friends!  Sunday means another week at The Paper Players where the lovely and talented Jaydee has a fabulous Clean-and-Simple challenge for us:
We are all ready for spring, right?  Even here in Florida, where we've had closer to summer temperatures, we are ready to go back to Spring!  I took Jaydee's challenge very literally and made perhaps the most CAS card I've ever made which, of course, made me wonder if it was too simple.  My own worst critic, I tell ya!

Right?  Verrrry clean-and-simple!  The card base is think Whisper White cardstock and the [retired] image Love is Kindness was stamped in Archival Basic Black ink.  I almost stamped it in the middle of the card but at the last minute moved it to the lower corner.  I think it's a little more interesting and less predictable that way.  My stamp-a-ma-jig is an invaluable tool for this kind of design decision.  With the image stamped on the clear plastic sheet, I can play around with the layout until I figure out where it would look best.


Tulips are my favorite spring flower and yellow tulips are even better!  I had so much fun playing with my [discontinued] Blendabilities markers last week, that I pulled them out again to color the tulips.  I used light & dark Daffodil Delight for the flowers and dark Wild Wasabi for the stems.  If you look close, you can see that I also made a thin wash of Soft Sky around the image using a Blender Pen and Soft Sky ink.  
Lastly, I stamped the image a second time on a piece of scrap paper and fussy cut the newspaper bundle.  I wrapped it with Linen Thread and popped it up with dimensionals.  It adds the right amount of dimension to this otherwise uber CAS card!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to pop over to The Paper Players and check out the creations from the rest of the Design Team.  We hope that you will join in the fun before our challenge closes on Friday, March 25th at Noon (PST).

The Paper Players Design Team

Photobucket

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely....no such thing as too CAS :) And I still use my Blendabilities as well....they do color beautifully!

stampwithsandy said...

Too CAS? Oh no, this is just perfect, Nance. Lots of lovely white space and I love how you cut out a second piece of "newspaper bundle" and popped it up with some twine. Just beautiful!

Hannelie said...

NOPE!!! Not too simple. Just right! I read once that you must judge a CAS creation by asking what can I take away and still have an effective design, and not what can I add... so this is perfect. Love it!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is gorgeous...I really like that set and touch of twine is perfect.
.... and CAS is a favorite of mine, especially on white! In the past I had a hard time with CAS, but now I've learned to love. Especially to make a "set" of note for a gift. Hugs

laurie said...

Hi Nance! Your pretty yellow tulips are a fun reminder of spring! (I have been seeing tulips in the stores, and may buy some for Easter.) I like the bow, it just TIES it all together...I think that's a pun! LOL!Have a great day!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, I just love yellow tulips! This is the perfect CAS card for Spring! BEAUTIFUL, My Friend! XX