Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Festival of Trees Gift Boxes {PP221}

Hiya friends and welcome to another week with The Paper Players!  This week, Sandy is our hostess with a warm, cozy and festive color combination:
Isn't that a great outfit?!  Love it all--including the colors.  Perfect for a holiday celebration which is exactly what I prepared for you:

So I feel like I took the easy way out with this one. The new Gift Box Punch Board makes these boxes so easy!  I made two sizes out of the Under the Tree specialty paper and tied them up with some Mossy Meadow satin ribbon.
The real star here though is the tag....Festival of Trees stamped in Mossy Meadow and the photopolymer makes it so simple to line up the Cherry Cobbler ornaments.  I punched out the tree on a piece of Crumb Cake and after I punched the tree, ran it through the Big Shot with a Circle Framelit.  Using the circle after punching allows me to line up the tree exactly in the center of the circle.  Some Lucky Stars embossing, a gold button, a gold star and this tag was done!  Well, almost....I didn't want to punch a hole in the top to attach it to my box.  I decided it would look pretty cute on a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock that I punched with the Scallop Tag punch.  That gave me a way to attach it to the box and a surface on the back on which to write a gift message!  Perfect!

And speaking of perfect....be sure to check out the wonderful creations from the rest of The Paper Players Design Team.  Lots of eye candy and inspiration to be had!  We hope you will play along with us before the challenge ends on Friday, November 14th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by, friends!

The Paper Players Design Team

 Photobucket

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Totally adorable! Sweet sweet packaging!

LeAnne said...

You already know how much I LOVE this project...everything about it, in fact!

laurie said...

I love that paper, and it makes such cute boxes... I wonder what you are going to put inside them!

Becca Cruger said...

Love it! That's so festive!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is just fabulous! You have inspired me to make a few boxes! The gift tag is just perfect! Lucky someone to receive these ----no matter what is inside the boxes! XX to you!

Angie said...

I just purchased Festival of Trees and started using is last night! What a fun stamp set! I love how you've used it to make a festive tag for you box!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance, this is an adorable bundle of goodies... so cute and love your layered tags. I just got my box maker punch and can't get enough of it. I make favors for each class, so I'm sure I'll get lots of practice. Hugs

stampwithsandy said...

Cute, cute boxes and what an amazing tag! Love how you framed the tree, the embossed stars, everything! Perfect project for the colors.

Andrea W said...

Fun project Nance! Great use of the colors and your tag looks fantastic.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Apologies for my late visit this week - this tag is the perfect finishing touch for those adorable boxes. Who wouldn't want to receive this gift package?!