Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Simple Stems Chalkboard {PP177}

Hi all...and welcome to the first Paper Players challenge of 2014!  I am delighted to be this week's hostess for a fun Theme Challenge:
My family and I enjoyed a much-needed stay-cation over the holidays and we did a lot of weeding, purging and cleaning (thanks for the push, Mom!).  Boy, does it feel great!  My craft room is a peaceful place now with a place for everything and everything in it's place.  Starting the new year with a "clean slate" was certainly the theme of our winter break!  So, you want to see what I made in my clean slate craft room?  Here it is:
This card features more products from the new Occasions Catalog as well as more sneak peak Sale-a-Bration designer paper.  Today's card uses two more patterns from the Sweet Sorbet DSP I used on this card.  The color palette is the same and makes me swoon!  Sahara Sand, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit and Pistachio Pudding--yum!  I love the little pops of black in the pattern which really help make my chalkboard sentiment stand out!  I added a little faux stitching with the Stampin' Chalk Marker--the perfect tool for this look!  If you're not sure how to create the chalkboard look, check out this simple step-by-step Chalkboard Tutorial--it's easier than you think!
The real star are these gorgeous flowers from the Simple Stems stamp set--new in the Occasions catalog.  The great part is that two of the flowers in this set coordinate with the Secret Garden Framelits which made cutting them out a breeze!  I did, however, hand-cut the Crisp Cantaloupe flower, stamping it twice so I could pop the middle. 
Isn't this embossing folder fun?!  Scallops Textured Impressions Embossing folder is another Occasions catalog newbie.  I love how the embossed scallops repeat the pattern of the DSP but in a different way.  A little Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim secured to the back of the DSP adds yet another layer of scalloped and frilled detail.
I know that you will find some beautiful inspiration from the rest of The Paper Players design team.  Check them out and leave them some comment love!  I hope we inspire you to play along with the Chalkboard Technique and share it with us at The Paper Players before the challenge closes on Friday, January 10th at Noon (PDT).  Thanks for stopping by today!

The Paper Players Design Team

Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Simple Stems, Oh Hello, Secret Garden, Remembering Your Birthday, Petal Parade*
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Sahara Sand, Versamark, Whisper White craft ink
Paper:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Sahara Sand, Basic Black & Whisper White CS
Framelits: Secret Garden; Ovals Collection; Labels Collection
Xtras: Hexagon Punch; Stampin' Chalk Marker; White embossing powder; Basic Pearls; Pistachio Pudding Stretch Ruffle Trim; Scallops embossing folder
*Available 1/28/14 during Sale-a-Bration

13 comments:

Jaydee said...

Nance, this was a great challenge! I love the addition of the flowers and pearls and I love that you concentrated them on the left hand side and then did the same on the inside. Fabulous card
Hugs
Jaydee

Linda Callahan said...

Love those flowers and the sweet chalkboard banner! So do you think your mom would visit me and give me a nudge to get things in order in my craft room?

LeAnne said...

You do floral so well...and these look beautiful with your chalkboard sentiment! LOVE the stitching too!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Nance, this is such a cheery card! The EF, the ruffled ribbon, the layering all make this card tops!

Nancy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, love the paper, the stunning flowers, rows of scallops, oh my it's perfect as is the inside too!
Linda, somehow I don't think you'd need a nudge for order in your craft room. Nance's room is soooo nice now I know she's lovin' it, as is the rest of the Leedy clan, even the dog, Ms. Sadie!

Mui Hoang said...

I LOVE IT!!! I love how you approached the flowers and the usage of chalkboard technique.

Marisa said...

Great colours and loving those flowers!! fabulous card and touch of chalkboard with the sentiment.

None None said...

Beautiful, Nance!! Love the pearls you added and those scallops are too cute!!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Oh golly is this amazing, Nance! I mean I real WOWzer! LOVE EVERYTHING about it!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance love your chalkboard card. I also really like using the chalk marker... so easy to work with...
Now.... think your mom will come to my house and get me "going"???
Hugs

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Nance! I love the bit of ruffled ribbon peeking out! Of course, I love the pearls!

stampwithsandy said...

Great challenge Nance, and great use of the new products! I love seeing those new flower stamps, and the black in the DSP really does highlight the chalkboard panel. Have fun in your newly tidied craft room!

Brenda Quintana said...

Congratulations! Your project has been featured on my Friday Finds page. You can see it here: http://qbeesquest.blogspot.com/2014/01/friday-finds-scallops-embossing-folder.html