Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween, Peeps!

The title says it all--Happy Halloween!  I hope you've got a day of Halloween fun planned today.  I've been home sick from work all week so it was only yesterday when I had enough energy to act on the inspiration from my friend and fellow Paper Pal, Sandy's adorable Halloween S'mores kit. I loved them the moment I saw her post and knew I would make them for DD to take to school...little did I know that it would be 5pm on Halloween eve when I would be making them...
But I finished them--all 44, ha!   Enough for classmates, teachers and favorite people at school.  Coz once you get on a roll what's a few more turns of the Big Shot, right? LOL. 
Because you know kids are going to rip right into them, I used up some retired Halloween paper from my stash and kept the embellishments to a minimum.  And to make it even easier, I printed out a full page of the images from Spooky Bingo Bits using My Digital Studio and then punched them out with a 1.25" circle punch.  MDS makes it real easy to line up a full sheet of images.
I open a full 8.5x11 page in MDS and color the background a light color, then add a series of 1.25" circle "punches" to the page, lining them up in rows.  This allows me to space and size the Spooky Bingo Bits images to the exact size I need.  You can see the first row here shows the punch.  Before I print, I remove the punch images and change the background to white and the images are sized and ready for my paper punch!
The toppers were made with two nested sizes of the Labels Collection Framelits, scored and folded on the long side.  The 1.75" scallop circle backed the Spooky Bingo Bits images and a few tickets made with That's the Ticket stamp set and coordinating Ticket Punch finished it off!  Big shout-out to Sandy for the inspiration--her project is adorable!

Today is the final Thank You Thursday special of the month--check out the details over on the Get Inspired Stampin' Up blog.  And the Weekly Deals continue in my online store--this week's sale continues through 11/4/13:

Have some spooky fun today...Happy Halloween, peeps!

Photobucket

1 comment:

stampwithsandy said...

Thanks for the shout out Nance! You are much more clever than I as you had this all printed out on MDS. Now that your projects are all done go get some rest please and take care of that cold!