Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cool Pool Snowflakes {PP125}

Hi everyone, glad you could join me for another week at The Paper Players!  I am delighted to host this week's color challenge with one of my favorite color combinations:

I really like the contrast of a cool blue shade, such as Pool Party, mixed with the deep rich red of Cherry Cobbler.  Paired with any neutral such as Crumb Cake or Basic Gray and it's heaven on cardstock!  My mojo seems to have taken an early holiday, so I took inspiration from a card I designed previously to create this for you:

Pretty simple really, using the Triple Stamping Technique.  The graduated sizes of Whisper White cardstock, largest to smallest, are 4" x 5.25", 3" x 4.25" and 2" x 3.25".  I held each layer together with removable adhesive and then stamped, stamped and stamped!  The Snowflake Soiree set really is so lovely and makes for elegant snowflakes. 
I inked the smallest snowflake and the More Merry Messages sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed them all with Pewter embossing powder.  It's a little darker than silver and, in my opinion, shows up better on the white cardstock.  On the third matted layer, I wanted to mix it up a little and instead of using another layer of Pool Party I added some glitz with Silver Glimmer Paper.  Love the stuff!
I do hope you'll find a little time this week to join in our color challenge.  Be sure to pop over to The Paper Players to see all the lovely inspiration from my gal pals on the design team.  They outdid themselves this week!  Our challenge ends Friday, December 14th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team
  Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Snowflake Soiree; More Merry Messages
Ink: Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray Classic Inks; Versamark
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White CS; Silver Glimmer Paper
Xtras: Pewter embossing powder; Basic Rhinestones
 

13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Nance, this is gorgeous!!! I love love love those colours too and can't put the combo down....lol

Your triple stamping technique with the snowflakes is wonderful!!!

I have yet to try this technique but really must...soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card...never have enough of the triple stampin' technique and this set lends itself beautifully. Great color combo with a touch of bling & always your signature inside is FABULOUS!
luv,
Mom

Linda Callahan said...

Love love love the triple technique - had to give it 3 loves! It is beautifully done with the snowflakes!

Marisa said...

Loving all those gorgeous snowflakes, Nance, and the sparkly paper too! Such a great colour combo as well. Great work as always :)

LeAnne said...

LOVELY! I still haven't done this technique....I keep forgetting about it! These snowflakes are perfect images for it, and I love the glimmer paper accents!

H2 :) said...

This is stunning, Nance! Love all those elegant snowflakes & the blingy matting on the focal layer is fabulous! Thanks for an awesome challenge palette. :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Nance! What a great way to use the challenge colors! And I love the bit of bling!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wowza!!! Elegant, classy and absolutely gorgeous! The triple stamping technique really showcases the stamps and your colors wonderfully. You can never go wrong when glimmer paper is involved! Hope you had a great weekend, my friend! :)

Kim S said...

An absolutely lovely use of the colors!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Ooooooohhhh this is so pretty. LOVE Pool Party is fav and these colors look so pretty and lots of white space too... just looks fab with the touch of silver. hugs

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely stunning! LOVE the way you've divided the layers and that fabulous embossing! WOW!

Amy White said...

Wow, Nance this is spectacular! You've used that triple time technique to perfection with these colours, and the added sparkle is just gorgeous!

Margaret said...

Oh how elegant and gorgeous! I love how you used the colors and the layer of silver glimmer really took it from beautiful to stunning!
Hope you and yours had a very merry Christmas!