Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Birthday Tool Shed

Hiya friends!  Just a quick post tonight (since Sunday's was a monster one, lol!) to share another card I made with Lesley's fun tic-tac-toe challenge over at The Paper Players.  I needed a card for a male co-worker and the blue, dry embossing, masculine elements gave me the creative boost I needed!
These punch art wrenches are all over blogland and is the perfect accent for our very own Mr. Fix-it's birthday card!  Of course, a wrench is kept in the tool shed, right?  I don't own the Tool Shed background stamp but it's a download in My Digital Studio (MDS)--perfect!  In MDS, I made a box (with the square punch shape) about the size of an A2 card front.  I colored the box with Crumb Cake, layered the Tool Shed stamp over it and "colored" the stamp in Early Espresso.  Then I printed it onto Very Vanilla cardstock, sponged the edges and the result is my own DSP!
How 'bout that Woodgrain embossing folder from the brand-new, just released Holiday Mini catalog?  Swoon.  You know that was the first thing on my pre-order!  I sponged it with some espresso ink to really bring out the deep texture.  Love it!  Speaking of the Holiday Mini, do you have yours?  It's GOR-JUSS!!  If you need one, and you're not already working with a demonstrator, let me know and I will mail one to you!

Remember, there's still time to play along with us over at The Paper Players.  Check out the Tic-Tac-Toe board and join us before Friday, August 3rd at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!
  Photobucket

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Awesome stuff here Nance, also swooning over the woodgrain texture, how fabulous! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
Hugs,
Lesley

Marisa said...

LOVE this!!! Great card :)

Arlene said...

This is an amazing card! Love the details...

Kim S said...

Fabulous card!! The wrench is wonderful and your colors and layout make it even better!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance Love this card! I really like the BG toolshed, which I don't have either, but WILL be getting in digital...
I absolutely love the wrench and I made one two years ago for my brother... I think I got the punch art from Linda Aarhus. Too too cute. You really went up a notch with the handle brads.. how cute.
Hugs.

LeAnne said...

How very, very cool!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Yep I knew that woodgrain had your name all over it when I saw it in the catalog! love the mega-wrench! Great guy card!

None None said...

gorgeous!!!! I love the pop that the woodgrain EF adds (and as soon as I saw it in the mini, I knew you would be adding that to your preorder!!) :-)

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Very cute, Nance.

Margaret said...

This is fantastic! I love that wrench and your background and embossing is fabulous! A very manly card!!

Unknown said...

Oh Nance! This is fabulo-so! I bet your co-worker loved it!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Look at you, Nance rocking two cards this week! This is a FABULOUS masculine card, perfect for any "tool guy". (coming from the gal who always gets pliers and a wrench confused...lol!) Gorgeous layout, too. Hope you had a fun week, friend! Big hugs! :)