Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Polka Dot Parade {PP96}

Hey there, friends, happy Paper Players Sunday! Sweet Anne Marie is our hostess this week for a fun Clean-and-Simple challenge featuring....Polka Dots!  
Happy and fun, large or small, polka dots are the perfect pattern.  Today, I used these fabulous colors from Arielle and the DT over at the ColourQ:
I love, love these colors together--anything with Basic Gray is a winner in my book.  I liked them so much that I made two cards!  For the first one, I took a very clean-and-simple approach letting the designer paper do the work:
Not much 'splaining needed here--just some circle punches, dry embossing and Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine!  The sentiment is peeking through the negative space of the circle although it is difficult to see in the photo.  I wasn't totally in love with this card so I made a second one:
This one I like a little bit better although I wouldn't call it clean-and-simple!  The Flower Fest flowers were all embossed with white embossing powder three times each on Wisteria Wonder and Tempting Turquoise cardstock then fussy-cut.  I'm going to keep this one short today....but I would love to know what you think of today's cards.  Which one do you prefer?  For even more inspiration, check out my amazing teammates on the Design Team.  I know they will inspire you to play along with Anne Marie's Polka Dot Parade challenge!  Just make sure to do so before Friday, May 25th at Noon (PST) when the challenge closes.  I hope to see you in the gallery!
The Paper Players Design Team
 Photobucket
Supplies Card #1
Stamps: You're a Gem
Ink: Basic Gray
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Designer Series Patterns Stack (In Colors), Island Floral DSP (retired)
Xtras: Luck Limeade Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones

Supplies Card #1
Stamps: Flower Fest; Petite Pairs; Build a Blossom
Ink: Lucky Limeade; Versamark
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Wisteria Wonder CS; Designer Series Patterns Stack (neutrals)
Xtras: Scalloped Oval Punch; Large Oval Punch; Basic Rhinestones; Ruffled Ribbon in color; Stampin Emboss Powder (white)

17 comments:

Rita W said...

Love them both, but the flowers are just gorgeous with the layers and embossing! I really need to go play with those colors today; such a great combination!

Anne Marie Hile said...

How can you pick one favorite from these beauties?! I love them both! The first has such a clean, modern vibe to it and I love the embossing and layered flowers on the second. Both get two thumbs up and a snap in my book, my friend! You always do such gorgeous work. Have a happy day! Big hugs! :)

Unknown said...

These are both beautiful. I love the white embossing on the flowers. It adds a nice clean crisp look to them.

LeAnne said...

First, when I saw your card & Lesley's card, I noticed how similar they were! Then I had my "aha" moment--the CQC colors! I like BOTH cards...your first one reminds me of my second card from last week...but I really love the flowers on your featured card. They just pop and are so PRETTY!!!

Kim S said...

Love it! The polka dots circles with gems makes a lovely and sweet card!

Sylvia said...

Lovely cards, Nance, I love both equally, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your cards with us this week at the ColourQ!

Marisa said...

I love polka dots :) Great work on the cards using them in two different ways!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the polka dot parade! And those flower on #2 are fab! I am so happy to get one card done - and you get two beauties done!

Margaret said...

Asking us to choose is just not fair! I love both!! They are so different which makes it even more difficult. I'm going to echo Anne Marie's judgement!

Jen Mitchell said...

I can't decide which one I like better: fun circles or fun flowers! They are both fantastic!

Ann Schach said...

Wowza! I LOVE your second card! The flowers and bling are the perfect touches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Both are gorgeous Nance! I especially love the two-toned flowers on your second card. I'm impressed that you made two cards when I struggled with one clean and simple card! lol

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance I love your colors and I like them both!BUT... since I struggle with clean and simple my favorite is the second one! hugs.

Lesley said...

Wow, love the two different looks! Those flowers are my favs, I need to get that set out!

Lili said...

What beautiful cards Nance! I love both of them and I love your clean and simple style. You combined the colors perfectly! Congrats on your Courtier, it is well deserved.
Hugs ;)

Jenn Picard said...

Oh both these card are stand outs Nance! Love have you came up with two totally different looking cards using the same colour combo. I must admit though, those layered flowers are fabulous:)

Heidi said...

Nance, both of these cards are super fun! I think I like both of them in their own unique ways. The extra work of the second card might have squeaked out the winner for me, though. Such a fun color combo to play with!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!