Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

paradise island

Good friends of ours, both opticians, own a fabulous optical boutique, Alligator Island Optical, and I make handmade cards for them to send as a thank you to their customers. I also get great deals on glasses--a girl can't have too many! Anyway, I made 10 of these cards this morning to replenish their stash. I CASEd it from this card by Kimberly Van Diepen. I just loved her use of colors with the Paradise stamp set (#113778) and the layout of the stamped images. It adds a little extra fun element when the images run off the edge, I think. I changed a few things since I was making these in quantity and they also needed to be easy for mailing. I also changed up the mat a bit and used my tiny mosiac CB folder on the old olive cardstock. Because this CB folder looks slightly like alligator skin, it has become a staple on all the cards I make for the boutique. In case you're interested, here are the measurements of each element:
  1. A2 card with side fold
  2. old olive mat: 3 1/2 x 4 1/2"
  3. bermuda bay mat: 3 1/4 x 4"
  4. whisper white main panel: 3 x 3 3/4
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out Alligator Island Optical!

supplies:
stamps: paradise
(#113778), short & sweet (#115060)
ink: bermuda bay, old olive, crushed curry, basic black
paper: whisper white, bermuda bay, old olive CS
extras: tiny mosaic CB folder, stampin dimensionals

No comments: