Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

our feline friends


Here's a card I made a little while ago for a dear friend of mine who lost her dear friend. Very simple, not too much to explain...kraft card base (5 1/5 x 8 1/2" folded at the top) run through the cuttlebug with a swiss dot embossing folder (one of my absolute favorites!) on the bottom third. I stamped the kitty in basic black ink on the main panel and then, using a post-it note, created a mask so I could stamp the grass around him. I wanted it to look like he was sleeping in the grass--just as my kitties do in our yard. The basic black kitty is from hanko designs. I just fell in love with this cat when I saw him; it's hard to find animal stamps that are not too whimsical or too literal. I like the stylized depiction of this design. The tall grass stamp (impress rubber stamps) is stamped on and off in kiwi kiss (miss it terribly). The sentiment inked up in basic black is a very versatile one from the Love You Much set and the 3 little rhinestones (michael's) give a respectable amount of polish to this sympathy card. Thanks for looking and send a little thought out to all the kitties in your life--past and present.

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Even though I'm not a "cat" person, I love the style of this card. Love anything with grass... very nice. di

Nancy said...

What a lovely card, I love everything about it, the embossing, the kitty & grass stamp and the colors...Perfect!
NLempinen