Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Flourishing Phrases of Color PP397

Happy Sunday, friends! Today I am delighted to host this month's color challenge at The Paper Players:
I happened on this combination one day when all three of these ink pads were among those scattered on my craft desk.  They looked so pretty sitting there next to each other that I thought it would make a great color challenge combination! 
I was smitten with the layout of this card when I saw it in the new annual SU catalog (pg. 18).  I'm afraid that this is a pretty close CASE of the card in the catalog.  Sometimes, it just feels good to make something without having to think about the layout and overall design.  On the Crumb Cake base I stamped an image from Flourishing Phrases in the same color ink.  
 A die from the coordinating Flourish Thinlits made a delicate little flower and vine in Lemon Lime Twist.  The LLT leaves were stamped and fussy-cut, as were the Calypso Coral flowers.  I stamped the flowers four times fussy cutting two full flowers and then two smaller ones to layer on top.  This stamp set is so easy to cut out with the heavy outlines on the images.  Just for fun, I added some adhesive-backed sequins also in LLT. 
Some masking of the images to decorate the inside.  This is a little over the top for a Thank You card--I tend to keep those simple usually--but this one is going to a very special recipient who made my recent birthday extra special.  She deserves an over-the-top card because she is over-the-top wonderful!

Be sure to stop by The Paper Players to see some wonderful creations from our talented design team.  I hope you will play along with us before the challenge ends on Friday, June 15th at Noon PST.  Thanks for stopping by!
The Paper Players Design Team 

10 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is just gorgeous in these colors and you way more talented than I when it comes to fussy cutting! You would never know this wasn't die cut. Love the watermark flourish on the base and LLT is one of my favorite colors this year. Hugs

Lynda said...

Great colour combination, and your card is very vibrant.

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, I just love this color combo and your gorgeous card! Your friend will cherish it! You are always so clever creating the tone on tone backgrounds! This layout is fabulous and those Calypso Coral blooms make me smile! The inside is extra special with all that masking! Just lovely, My Friend! Have a wonderful week! XX

Margaret said...

This is so pretty! I love all of the different layers!

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! Big and bold for that wonderful recipient, she will love it! These dies are so pretty and really add an impact to an already-gorgeous creation!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Fabulous Nance - I love it! This is a much under-used set on my shelf (I'm hoping it becomes your new Beautiful Blooms because then I'll have tons of inspiration!!) A great reminder house the catty for ideas too - I often forget what a great source of inspiration it can be. So sorry I couldn't play along with your colour challenge this week!

laurie said...

The color combo was fun...I love how you used them on your card. So rich and beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love all the bueautiful detail on this card!

Annie S. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure your friend loved receiving this beauty. I really enjoyed playing with your colors this week! Have a great weekend ~ Hugs, Annie

Jaydee said...

Nance, the flowers and the bright green elements pop off your crumb cake base beautifully. Such a wonderful, bold, graphic card. I love it
hugs
jaydee