Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2018

A Clean and Simple Corner Garden - PP394

Hiya friends, and welcome to another week with The Paper Players!  This week my talented friend, Laurie is our hostess and she's asked us to created a Clean-and-Simple card featuring Blooms:
I knew right away what I was going to do but the hardest part was figuring out which color to use...
In the end, I decided that the white embossed blooms looked the prettiest on the dark green.  Have you heard about the SU Color Revamp?  Every once in awhile, SU refreshes their color palette by letting go of some colors and bringing in new ones.  This year, I was thrilled to see the return of several retired favorites, including Mossy Meadow featured on today's card!  My card is as simple as can be...just one layer heat embossed with one of my favorite [retired] stamps, Corner Garden.  The sentiment is also heat embossed and comes from a current set, Beautiful Bouquet. 
I left room on the inside for a hand-written note but stamped the garden again on Whisper White in Mossy Meadow ink.  That's it for me....clean-and-simple!  Be sure to check out all the inspiration from the rest of the team at The Paper Players:

The Paper Players Design Team 

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely card, definitely clean & simple. Love the white embossing on a dark color such as your green, very pretty (nice stamp too, don't remember this one).

Linda Callahan said...

CAS gorgeousness!

stampwithsandy said...

What a lovely and elegant card, Nance. I love that corner garden image embossed in white on dark card stock, sorry I missed out on that stamp! Love the inside in the reverse colors, too.

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning! What a great stamp set and a perfect way to use it! DEFINITELY CAS and so organic with the Mossy Meadow cardstock! Lovely!

Annie S. said...

Perfectly CAS and gorgeous! I love the embossed simplicity and I'm going to have to put Mossy Meadow on my wish list. What a beautiful green! I hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

ElizStewart said...

Nance...so love the white embossed flowers on the front... THEN you showed us the inside, just brilliant! So love your card!

laurie said...

The white embossing looks beautiful on the Mossy Meadow!!! I'm really happy with SU color changes too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Just beautiful Nance and a great way to welcome back Mossy Meadow! I'm excited about the colour revamp too, so much lovely new colour in there. Love the reverse inside and out stamping on today's card too - very effective!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! I will be CASing it. I still have this stamp set and I have always thought it was beautiful! What a perfect way to use it! I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend, My Friend! XX

Jan Clothier said...

Nance, this looks fabulous. I think it's great the way you've reversed the colours inside. Such a pretty stamp - can't understand how I don't own it! :-)

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love the corner garden stamp embossed in white against the Mossy Meadow. Very elegant. Fabulous card, my friend
hugs
jaydee