Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Making Spirits Bright PP374

Hiya friends!  Here it is...the last Paper Players challenge of 2017.  The fabulous Claire is our hostess with a fun and festive color challenge:
These colors screamed vintage to me and the [retired] Festival of Trees stamp set was just the bold and graphic look I was going for:
It took me a few tries on scrap paper but I finally got the pattern I was after.  I stamped alternating trees in Powder Pink, Garden Green and Lemon Lime Twist with accents of Melon Mambo and [more] Garden Green.  These little triangle trees are easy to line up--no MISTI or Stamp-a-ma-Jig needed!  The layout at Freshly Made Sketches gave me the perfect way to highlight my stamped panel.  I just added a little bit of gold glitter washi tape to the border for some sparkle.

   
 A few more trees on the inside and a fun combination of sentiments from Petite Pairs made quick work of the inside and this card was done!  I hope I've inspired you to play along with us at The Paper Players.  Not only is this our last challenge of 2017, it's also the last challenge with our fabulous Guest Designer, Deanne.  I am going to miss her bright and happy creations but I hope to see her playing along with us in the gallery.  Thank you, Deanne, for giving us a whole year of your creativity and inspiration!  I hope you will find a little time to play along with us before our challenge ends on Friday, December 15th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team 




10 comments:

Nancy said...

Very retro color card. I'm impressed I didn't realize you had stamped the paper I thought it was a designer paper, very well done. Love the little trees on the inside as well, very nice sentiment too.
hugs,
Mom

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is so FUN!!!!!!! I love the retro card and yes, these colors are perfect! I am so excited I saved this stamp set because I am going to CAS this beauty! Your repeated pattern is perfect! This card would make anyone smile! Thanks for making my colors shine! Wishing you a very special week, My Friend! XX

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance love this card! So fun! The colors are so cheery and your handmade background came out FAB! Love the touch of glitter too. Hugs.

Linda Callahan said...

It's all about those funky colors! I love how this came out! The trees make a great design......actually you made the great design. ❤️

laurie said...

Love the pattern...what a great idea for the colors! I love it!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Jen Brum said...

What a super fun card! Love how you've created that background design! Those trees are amazing! And super cool colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Annie S. said...

Oh my goodness! Love your stamped tree pattern and those colors are just fab for the look. A very happy Christmas card for some lucky recipient! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Nance! Hugs, Annie

LeAnne said...

This is fabulous! I love how you stamped the garland and ornaments in coordination colors...brilliant use of these bright hues! And the gold accent is perfect for that fun sentiment! Makes me smile!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your retro Christmas trees Nance and such a modern, funky pattern you created too. Gorgeous! Love the hint of sparkle too - can't get enough of that at Christmas time!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh this turned out perfect! LOVING those little trees. Thanks for a great year!!!!