Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Boo! Spooky Cat PP366

Hiya friends!  Just a quick card today for our challenge this week at The Paper Players.  Lovely Laurie is our hostess for a fun Clean-and-Simple challenge....
 I am really glad this is a Clean-and-Simple week because time during this week sure got away from me!  Despite that, I love making Halloween cards and I love the "spooky" element even more.
Black cats, a spooky yellow moon, "crows", and a deep, dark forest all say "Spooky Halloween" to me!  I had this piece of Basic Gray cardstock in my stash--it was embossed with the Woodland folder and rubbed with white craft ink.  I thought it was just the right smoky, foggy look my spook forest needed.  Although I didn't really stick to it, this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches inspired my cut out window.  Through the window peeks a Crushed Curry moon made with a circle die and sponged ink.  The stark white sky needed some spooky clouds, so I used the classic scalloped circle technique to sponge on some Smoky Slate ink.  We can't have Halloween without a black cat and this one is embossed in Silver with the Spooky Cat stamp set and popped out with the Cat punch.  Easy peasey!  I needed a little something in the top right corner for balance and these birds from the HIgh Tide set, in context, look a lot like a flock of crows!

So there you have it...my Clean-and-Simple Spooky card.  Hope you like it!  Check out the rest of my teammates for some spooky inspiration over at The Paper Players!  Thanks for stopping by, friends!

The Paper Players Design Team 

9 comments:

laurie said...

Love your spooky scene..what a great design Nance!I like how you rubbed the white on the background...really adds such a spooky look!

Jaydee said...

Nance, your sponged sky in the background - and across the moon is fabulous. I also love it with the grey embossed trees. A wonderful spooky card, my friend.
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is a really spooky card! I love that dark gray forest you created. The framed moon and sponged sky are perfect! Those crows are really creepy! WOW! Fabulous card, My Friend! I hope you have a great week! XX

Nancy said...

That little cat is the cutest, love all the sayings on him. Nice job Nance on your clouds they look perfectly spooky too, as do the moon and crows. I like how you cut out the front of the card so the cat is looking maybe out a window?
Great Halloween card.

LeAnne said...

Love your embossed kitty, especially as he looks out over that big yellow moon! Cute and spooky too!

Annie S. said...

I'm so CASEing your spooky forest look - wonderful idea! A great spooky card and I'm glad I hadn't seen that black cat until this challenge or I would have HAD to buy it...hmmm...maybe I should for next year! Hope you're having a great week, Nance!

stampwithsandy said...

Nance you know I love the spooky-cute cat, but what really got me is your background! I love the moon, the crows, the clouds, all of it is just perfect!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Spooky indeed! Love the little crows!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that wordy cat Nance but those woodland trees are the star this week and really add to the spooky feel of your card. The pop of purple from the banner is an unexpected pop of colour yet really adds to the Halloween feel. Love it!