Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Floral Statements Sketch - PP354

Happy Sunday, friends!  The awesome Jaydee is our hostess this week at The Paper Players and she has a fantastic sketch for our inspiration:
As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew exactly which stamp set I was going to use and I couldn't wait to play with it... Floral Statements:
It's another one that I couldn't wait to order from the new catalog and it didn't disappoint...so pretty!  I like the combination of the vintage looking flowers with the bold crisp letters.  It's a combo that feels modern and fresh.  To keep that crisp look to the letters, I stamped it with Archival Black ink and used my MISTI to re-ink and stamp in the same spot three times for a good solid black on the letters....worked like a charm!
I used a lot of water in my Aqua Painter to wash the background with Pool Party ink.  The flowers were also painted with the Aqua Painter and a blend of Powder Pink and Berry Burst inks.  Yummy Lemon Lime Twist colored the leaves and centers--what a fun color!  Here's a tip I learned from my teammie, Jaydee...unlike cold press watercolor paper, hot press watercolor paper is perfect for solid stamped images like this one as it has no texture.  I never knew the difference between the two until Jaydee mentioned it on her blog one day.  I bought some that very day and have been using it ever since--thanks Jaydee!

There's not much else to this card--it's all about the watercolor!   Be sure to pop over to The Paper Players and check out the rest of the eye candy from my teammates.  Maybe you will even join us before the challenge closes on Friday, July 28th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team 


9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word! This is gorgeous!!! Now I wish I had ordered that one! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Jaydee said...

Nance, this is gorgeous. Beautiful watercoloring. The triple stamping for the sentiment really made it pop and the black an white washi tape really frames that gorgeous stamp. Stunning card. thanks for rocking my sketch this week,
hugs
jaydee

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card - love the washi strips for a pop of black

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you've done with this! I love this stamp set and the tip about re-stamping using a MISTI is one that I'll take on board. Love the colours you've used too - it's a marvel!

stampwithsandy said...

Nance this is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is spot-on perfect. You've really made this stamp set shine!

LeAnne said...

This image is stunning, and your coloring really brings out how gorgeous these florals are! I never knew the difference between the two watercolor papers either...I will have to make a trip and get some of that hot press paper, although sometimes I do like the texture of cold press! And thank goodness for MISTIs...they are wonder-workers!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, I just LOVE this card! It is beautiful! Those vintage flowers are so pretty! The triple stamping on the sentiment is genius and the washi tape adds the perfect frame to this beauty! Just WOW, My Friend! XX

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance love this card. I really love how you have the stripes peeking out at opposite angles. Very appealing indeed! Your colors are beautiful too. I just got a Misti and so I'll try your tips for sure. Hugs.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Ooooooooohhh - so pretty! Love the soft colours!