Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Lakeside Anniversary PP350

 Hiya friends, did you miss me?!  I had a nice little break as we wound up the club volleyball season with my daughter's team at AAU Nationals in Orlando.  They placed 5th out of 118 teams in their division and we are so proud of their spirit and tenacity!
Anywhooo...this week I am excited to host our sketch challenge at The Paper Players:
I love the look of tone-on-tone stamping and that's what I tried to capture in the sketch.  With some new goodies from the 2017-2018 SU catalog in hand, it was good to get back into the creative groove and create this for you:
I won't lie, the first thing I did was cut out these adorable Adirondack chairs with the [new] Seasonal Layers Thinlits.  Aren't they cute?!  I wasn't exactly sure what I would do with them but started to get the idea of them sitting by a sunset--what better way to celebrate an anniversary, right?
Here you have a better view of the tone-on-tone stamping with Pool Party ink on the Pool Party base.  The congratulations sentiment is from the companion stamp set, Colorful Seasons.  The strip of paper on the side is a design (I think it's Tip Top Taupe?) from the retired Cherry on Top DSP stack.  The neutral color helps ground the other bright colors of Real Red, Crushed Curry and Pool Party.  I stamped the sunburst from the retired Kinda Eclectic set directly on the new Color Theory DSP stack; this paper has a gradient stripe which works well with the idea of a setting sun.
The Colorful Seasons stamp set has some beautiful sentiments and this one is no exception.  Love the sentiment and love the font!  It's stamped in Early Espresso on top of a Crushed Curry sun with a little random heart from my stash.  I think it's the perfect sentiment for an anniversary, don't you?

I know this has been a photo-heavy post but I also have to share this one.  I know my bird-loving teammies Jaydee & LeAnne will love it!
We live on 1.5 acres with lots of live oaks, water oaks, and pine trees.  Hawks and owls are our resident companions and this guy was squawking up a storm while I was photographing my card.  He feels so comfortable in our yard that he stayed on this branch while I went inside the house to swap out my camera lens for the zoom.  Managed to get him mid-squawk too!  Isn't he majestic?

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and humoring me and all my photos!  Check out the rest of the inspiration from my fabulous teammies at The Paper Players and come play along!  It's also our last challenge with Guest Designers Valentyna and Crystal.  Thank you ladies for all your hard work and participation with us--it's been great having you on the team!

The Paper Players Design Team 

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great sketch.....gorgeous card! And looks like another great volleyball season!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is perfect! I love your tone-on-tone sentiment.. great idea. I just LOVE this Adirondack chair die. I have used it so many different ways but this - anniversary theme - is another idea to add to the list. The way you used the sunburst is so cool.... I can picture sitting there (Florida of course) watching the sun set! I also love the font of that stamp set too.
Great card.. to CASE tee hee
Congrats to the girls ... wow... what a great accomplishment for them! Proud for sure. Hugs.

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, love all the details, the adorable chairs, the sunset, tone-on-tone stamping...everything, a perfect anniversary card. Who wouldn't want to be sitting there.
Great picture of our little athlete too, always graceful, even when jumping!
The hawk is indeed majestic and such a squawker, great picture.
And I missed you!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this sketch and your 'his and hers' take on it is such fun Nance! Your sweet scene makes for a perfect anniversary card - love it! Great volleyball and hawk pics too - you are on fire this week my friend!

laurie said...

What a creative idea for the chairs... love your sunset scene! Congrats on a great season of VB!

Claire Broadwater said...

So happy you are back! WOW! The girls did a wonderful job at their tournament! I know you were so proud!
Your sketch is fantastic and I will use it again! Now, you have made me want to purchase those dies for the chairs! I love this card. The sunset behind them is amazing! Your little heart is the perfect embellishment!

Your visitor is quite majestic! My nephew is an avid birder! He would love to visit your home!
I hope you are having a wonderful week! XX

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a pretty card - love the little glittery heart! Your hawk is a beauty!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Cool!!! Love those chairs. Thanks for the great sketch.