Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Thank Goodness for Clean-andSimple PP340

That's right, thank goodness for LeAnne's cute Clean-and-Simple challenge this week at The Paper Players!  My brain couldn't handle more than CAS this week and even at that, my card is ridicuously simple.  First, here's LeAnne's cute challenge:
I had all kinds of ideas swimming in my head and maybe that was part of the problem--I couldn't settle on just one.  I think it's really after a couple weeks off, my creative juices are slow to get started again.  Anway, here's my card:
Almost embarrassed to post it because there is little stamping or creativity involved--I let this cute paper do all the work.  I've been hoarding saving this retired paper for just the right moment and I think this is it.  Love these cute bikes in their bright colors.  I used a new-to-me die from My Favorite Things--Stitched Basic Edges--to make the fun off center edge.  Before I cut it, I did back the DSP with a piece of cardstock to give it more weight.  I knew I wanted to pop it up on the card base and didn't want it to sag.  The sentiment is from a sweet PTI set, Pedal Pusher, that I borrowed from my mom.   Thanks, Mom!  The sentiment is heat embossed in white on the Bermuda Bay base.  Like I said, ridicuously simple!!

My teamies have some great CAS projects to share with you over at The Paper Players so go check them out before our challenge closes on Friday, April 21st at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by, friends....and for those that celebrate...Happy Easter!

The Paper Players Design Team 


6 comments:

Georgiana said...

Fun!

Nancy said...

It may be CAS, but its adorable, love the paper and "your welcome" for the PTI sentiment it fits perfectly. Like the stitching on the edge and the cut of the DSPaper.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Nothing wrong with simple when it's as great as this Nance - I love that paper too and it's perfect for this challenge! The angled die adds interest and your sentiment is a perfect pairing - a great example of clean and simple!

LeAnne said...

I LOVE THIS! I have hoarded this paper too....and wish I had thought to use it for something as cute as this! I giggled when I saw that sentiment because I was pretty sure it was PTI...thanks to mom for having the perfect one, right?! And the die is wonderful...adds such a great interest to your card with just a swipe of the Big Shot! Perfectly CAS!

Claire Broadwater said...

I just love this card! I think it is so clever. I need to check if I still have the DSP. I feel a CAS coming on. My brother would love this card. I hope you are having a great week, My Friend!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!