Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Haunted Trick or Treat {PP166}

Hi everyone! This week I am the hostess over at The Paper Players where we have a fun Halloween challenge going on.  Like a lot of people, I love Halloween but I have to say that there wasn't a ton of Halloween SU stuff this season that I fell in love with.  Gasp, I know!  So I dug into my stash and pulled out a couple favorites and created without worry over whether it is retired or not.
I adore this [retired] Haunted Forest stamp.  I stamped it in Versamark ink onto a Summer Starfruit pattern of (digital) Witches' Brew DSP.  I sprinkled on some Heat and Stick Powder, blasted it with my heat gun and when it was wet, quickly sprinkled some Black Stampin' Glitter.  Oh, how it sparkles!  Once I had my focal piece, I cut some strips from more Witches' Brew DSP to layer them on my card base.  This is my favorite way to pull in different colors and patterns while using very little designer paper!  Because, of course, I love to hoard collect it! ;-)
I still can't believe SU retired the Spider Web embossing folder!  It's fantastic and I never make it through a Halloween season without using it.  Such great texture!  I embossed the front panel as well as just a bit of the inside.  The sentiment is from [retired] Seasonal Sentiments and seemed appropriate for this week's Trick or Treat" theme.  It's difficult to see in the photo but I colored in the letters with a Summer Starfruit and Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write marker for a little extra color.

The rest of the Design Team knocked this challenge out of the park so be sure to stop by and check 'em out!  I hope you'll join in the haunting fun over at The Paper Players before our challenge closes on Friday, October 11th at Noon (PDT).  Thanks for stopping by today, friends!

The Paper Players Design Team
Photobucket

Supplies
Stamps: Haunted Forest [retired]; Seasonal Sentiments [retired]
Ink: Versamark, Basic Gray
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White CS; Witches Brew DSP [digital]
Extras: Raven Lace Ribbon [retired]; Hexagon Punch; Spider Web embossing folder [retired]; Heat and Stick powder; Circle Collection Framelits; Black Stampin' Glitter; Stampin' Write Markers (Summer Starfruit, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black)

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Cute card, Nance! I know, I couldn't get excited about anything new for Halloween this year either and I agree that they should have kept the spiderweb folder! Oh well! I love the image that you used and the combination of papers work so well with that lovely black ribbon! Fun challenge!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

I found some paper from my "collection" that I am going to use for my card, too! I also love the older stamps and use them faithfully each year at this time. I love your sparkly spooky glitter and that ribbon is so eerily delicate for the card and its elements. Love it, Nance!

stampwithsandy said...

Nance, I love that you are using retired products because I like to do the same thing :) That is a great stamp, wish I had it, and wish I could see the sparkliness in person!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance I love your card and also glad you used retired items. I feel that SU retires some things just WAY too early even though they are super popular. Oh well. I don't retire anything! Hugs.

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderful! And I so agree the new Halloween stamps did not make me happy either!

Christina said...

First, many apologies for my absence! I've been following you since I made the switch to Bloglovin', but for some reason the "Post a Comment" link under your posts doesn't work if I'm viewing it from Bloglovin'. Frustrating. So I made it a point to come here directly today to tell you how much I love your card! :) The spiderweb embossing is fantastic with the inking, and the patterned paper banners and lace trim are such great additions. Hope you are well, my friend!

Jaydee said...

Nance, love the stamped focal image on the DSP it really adds so much interest and I love the banners inside and outside!
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

LOVE this Nance! The texture from the EF and the spooky lace trim is awesome. I really like how you stamped the image on the DSP, too. Spook-tacular! :)