Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Oh, Whale for the Paper Players

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you're having a great weekend. Sundays are a great day around here because it means another week with The Paper Players!  Check out the great sketch our friend, LeAnne has for us this week:
It's a good one isn't it?  I must say, though, I took a few liberties with it--including flipping it--but I think you can see the bones, at least I hope that LeAnne can!
 
We made another version of this at my stamp clubs this month and it seemed to be a big hit!   Don't you just love that little whale?  For the main panel, I added some large scalloped "waves" cut with the Tasteful Trims die from the gorgeous Sale-a-Bration Sycamore Street DSP
I alternated the scallops and tucked the Island Indigo whale from Oh, Whale in amongst the waves.  Then, I curled up the edges of the scallops to add more dimension.  A pass through the new Cloudy Day embossing folder {heart!}, some [free] Tangerine Tango satin ribbon and a rhinestone eye completed the look.
To mimic the ribbon in LeAnne's sketch, I added a trio of waves with the stamp from Oh, Whale to the Sahara Sand card base.  Some Sahara Sand marker spritzed onto the card added interest and a "sandy beach" feel.
The inside got a similar treatment with some more wavy stamping and polka dotted waves.  With the ease of the coordinating Happy Whale Clearlit, I couldn't resist adding another die cut whale.

And, with LeAnne's great sketch I know you won't be able to resist our challenge this week!  Check out the rest of the Design Team for some fabulous inspiration and then go get busy in your craft room!  Just make sure to come back and share with us at The Paper Players by Friday, February 1st at Noon (PST).

The Paper Players Design Team
  Photobucket
Stamps: Oh, Whale; Friendly Phrases; Wishes Your Way
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo, Sahara Sand, Summer Starfruit
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White; Sycamore Street DSP
Extras: Tasteful Trims die; Tangerine Tango satin ribbon; Cloudy Day embossing folder; basic rhinestones; Happy Whale clearlit; 

19 comments:

LeAnne said...

Just the cutest thing ever! LOVE those waves....and your "stamped" waves are cute too! The sentiment just makes my whole day!

Ann Schach said...

This is super cute, Nance! I love the waves! Such a cheery little card!

Marisa said...

Love that whale and the waves you created for him :) Darling take on the sketch!

Patti said...

Love this card. So cheerful - brought a big smile to my face. I'm thinking I really must get this stamp set & dies!!

Stef Perry said...

Oh my, that cute whale floating on those fabulous waves just stole my heart! What an adorable card! The bright colors in that dp are perfect for this scene you've created.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance, Oh this cheery whale is just too cute! Love all your choices here... the set, the colors, and those DSP waves are FAB! Hugs

Dawn Tidd said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the waves you're whale is swimming in. You always do such darling things inside your cards too. I'm trying to take lessons from that!

Rach said...

Nance,

I was checking out the latest challenge at the Paper Players, saw your card and just *had* to let you know that I utterly ADORE it!

You inspire me with your creativity and ability to add small details that create a HUGE impact--such as simply pulling out the scallops a bit to create movement and dimension. Brilliant!

--Rach :o)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So cute!! i just love the waves! And the little embossed clouds! Just precious!

Kristin Moore said...

Oh my!! This is genius- so so cute! Love it Nance. The colors and waves and little details- adorable!

stampwithsandy said...

What a cute whale card, I like everything about it! The colorful rolling waves are especially fun.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, this is so precious! What a great idea to use the large scallops as "waves". As if your awesome creativity ever surprises me! Love this one! :)

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Wowsy, this is super super cute.. What a beautiful job you did on this card. The details are so bright and happy. Love it!

Inky hugs, Pauline

Jaydee said...

Nance, Iam loving all of those fabulous DSP waves! What a great use of the sketch. This card brought a huge smile to my face
Hugs
Jaydee

Anonymous said...

Nance, this is a masterpiece- the waves both stamped and DSP, the sentiment, the colors....thanks for sharing your talent with us;)

Anonymous said...

Love that little whale and your waves are so colorful and clever! :-)

Gisela said...

Great card Nance - the bright color waves - the way you put it together -
the inside... too cute!

Christina said...

This is too stinking cute! I have a soft spot for whales, and the colorful waves you created are the perfect home for this little guy.

Margaret said...

This is wonderful! I love the layers of waves!