Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Welcome Sketch {PP105}

Hi everyone!  Wow, I'll bet you were wondering if I was ever coming back, right?  My family and I just returned from 3 weeks touring the beautiful country of South Africa!  We had an amazing time--traveling by car from one end to the other--we went on game drives, saw incredible wild animals, hiked the Drakensburg Mountains (snow!), sampled the vineyards of the Western Cape, ate fabulous food and had a wonderful time!  If you're interested, I'll share some pics with you over the coming days.  In the meantime....I apologize that it will take me awhile to catch up with all my blogging buddies but it sure is good to be stamping again with my pals over at The Paper Players!  We have some uber-talented guest designers that I am so excited to work with too--hi gals!  This week Jaydee has a fantastic sketch for us:
Lovely sketch, eh?  Dress it up or down, anyway you like it.  I eased into a return to stamping with some of my favorite papers and colors from the Comfort Cafe DSP: Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse and Pool Party:
That gorgeous flower takes center stage from the Blooming with Kindness stamp set.  I stamped my Soft Suede card base with the Distressed Dots background stamp and added a couple flagged banners of DSP to the bottom of the main panel.  Love the new Naturals Designer Buttons to which I added an Itty Bitty Banner sentiment, cut with the coordinating Framelit and secured with Linen Thread.
You might not be able to tell, but I stamped the flower again, fussy-cut the middle and popped it up for extra dimension.
The flower is so pretty that I had to stamp it again a few more times on the inside.  This time in Summer Starfruit and Pool Party--such a great color combination! 
Finally, coz I just gotta share...here we are on a hike in Royal Natal National Park.  That huge mountain behind us is part of the Drakensburg range and this particular part is known as the "amphitheater".  Just stunning.

I hope you will play along with us this week at The Paper Players!  Jaydee's sketch challenge will run until Friday, July 27th at Noon (PST).  Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has created!  Thanks so much for stopping by! 


 Photobucket

15 comments:

Kim S said...

Gorgeous scenery and gorgeous card!! Love the colors!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh wow, Nance, you know how to rock that paper! LOVE what you've done with it!!! Your layered up flower is wonderful!!!

Beautiful picture of you all!!! Looks like an amazing place. I'd love to see more pictures!!!

Nancy said...

Lovely card, so glad I ordered this set such a pretty flower, love the colors and all the details. the inside is stunning as well.
Glad to see the beginning of some of your vacation pictures can't wait to see more and glad you're back safe and sound!
Luv,
Mom

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance.... WELCOME HOME!
I just love love love this flower and I never thought to fussy cut the center.. very pretty. I just love this flower in ANY color too.
The natural buttons are in my next order.
So glad you are going to share some photos and I must admit I don't think 'snow' with Africa. What a great experience for Arden to be able to be a world traveler at such a young age.
Look forward to your next post and some more wonderful designs. hugs.

Unknown said...

Wow - I saw this card and couldn't wait to comment on it! Then I got to see the inside - holy smokes - it's just gorgeous! Guess who's gonna be casing this card??? ME!
South Africa - what a FUN trip that your family will remember for a lifetime! Welcome back!

Linda Callahan said...

Sounds like an adventure of a lifetime! What a great trip - keep sneaking those photos in your posts :) And your mojo came home with you for sure - love how you layered up the flower! Very pretty card!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is stunning...you cannot go wrong with this gorgeous floral image...so cool in these colors with that yummy DP, too! And it certainly looks as if you had a blast on your trip!

Amy White said...

Fabulous card - love all the details you've included - especially the button/twine/banner combo! It's great to have you back...!

Christina said...

Glad you had a wonderful time and made it home safely! I just returned from Indiana, and I'm betting my photos are nowhere near as captivating as yours. :) So good to see you back!

Marisa said...

Welcome home, Nance :) Glad you had wonderful time away - can't wait to see pictures!! Your time away has not affected your stamping :) Lovely card and use of the sketch

jaydee said...

Nance, welcome back! I LOVE this card. Your flower is awesome and your use of the DSP masterful.
However, as fabulous as your card is, the photo of the Drakensburg sent a chill down my spine, brought a tear to my eye, and made me remember how much I miss South Africa. So glad you had a wonderful time in a beautiful country.
Hugs
Jaydee

Margaret said...

It sounds like the most wonderful vacation! Your picture is gorgeous!
Comfort Cafe is one of my favorite papers, but it's even more beautiful with that lovely layered flower! The inside is just as pretty as the front!

H2 :) said...

Gorgeous card Nance! The colours, prints & cute button embellie are so warm & welcoming, & the subtle distressing is fabulous. Love that rolled corner! :)

jjcreations said...

Wow - welcome home from your trip. Lucky Girl! I love how you've layered this flower on your card. Beautiful on the inside also! Looking forward to more projects and pictures from your trip.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Loooove this card, Nance! You have such an awesome way of adding the best details to your cards, too. You have completely inspired me to show that stamp set some ink in the very near future. What a gorgeous family photo! Can't wait to see more photos and hear more about your trip. Hugs! :)