Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The never ending card: PPA39

I really like how this card (finally) turned out. It started as an entry for the Color Q challenge using ruby red, bermuda bay, regal rose and pumpkin pie. I never would have thought to combine these colors but I think they look great! Of course, I never got the card finished before the challenge closed (sigh) so then I thought I might put it together for last week's sketch challenge at PPA38 and that didn't happen either (big sigh)! Aaaah! So this weekend my daughter and I had a little vacation at my mom's house and I finally had time to finish this card! Of course, it looks nothing now like I had intended in the beginning but I like it...and believe it or not, I think it works for this week's Pals Paper Arts 39: KISS! Hurrah! Each square is 2.25" x 2.25" and stamped with one of the leaves from the Paradise stamp set (LOVE it!) with Versamark ink. I sprinkled each liberally with white stampin' emboss powder and heat set each one. I love how crisp and clean the white looks against the strong colors. I'm sure by now you all recognize the new square lattice embossing folder--a Stampin' Up exclusive folder available May 1st with the new Summer Mini catalog. Send me an email if you would like to receive this fun new catalog! I wrapped the panel 3 times with linen thread and finished it with a ruby red button. The sentiment is from Hello Again and inked in bermuda bay on whisper white and punched out with the curly label punch. I thought the clean style of the font worked well with the clean lines of the squares and images on this card. Whew-glad to get that card off my craft table! On to the next one...

supplies:
stamps: paradise; hello again
ink: versamark; bermuda bay classic ink
paper: kraft, ruby red, bermuda bay, pumpkin pie, whisper white cardstock
xtras: square lattice embossing folder (avail May 1st); linen thread; white stampin' emboss powder; curly label punch

3 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance I too would not have thought to use that color combo, but WOW what a cool card. This card is sooooo YOU! It reminds of the one you did a while back with paradise island.. which popped up as "maybe you'd like this"..... Very Floriday. Beautiful.

Linda Callahan said...

Love those embossed leaves against the bright colors! So summery - I await summer sunshine up here in the great northeast (just why do they call it the great northeast??) So glad you play at PPA!

Nancy said...

All your cards have an elegance to them, I especially love this color combination and the way you embossed each of the leaves, beautiful.