- started with an A2 base in basic black cardstock
- cut a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of basic grey cardstock and stamped it with the Woodgrain background stamp in basic black.
- using my StazOn jet black pad (for an even black finish) I stamped the tree from Season of Friendship (#111776) horizontally about a third of the way down.
- my 1 3/4" circle punch made a nice portal for my crushed curry mat which doubles as the full moon.
- to line up the owl from Forest Friends (#113748) just right, I stamped him first onto my stamp-a-ma-jig. Using dotto adhesive to secure the crushed curry mat to my work surface, I lined up the basic grey panel where I wanted it and then laid the plastic piece of the stamp-a-ma-jig where I wanted my owl to be. Leave the SAMJ in place, remove the grey panel, ink the owl in basic black and stamp him in place!
- The sentiment from All Holidays (#114916) was inked with versamark on basic black cardstock, sprinkled with silver stampin' emboss and heated until fluid and shiny--don't you love watching that happen?!
- The Modern Label punch (#116630) popped the sentiment out perfectly and balanced out the lower right corner.
- 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon was tied around the basic grey panel using Michelle Single's excellent technique for a stay-put bow. Check it out and you'll say, "of course--how easy!"
- The basic grey panel is matted on crushed curry with stampin dimensionals to give extra emphasis to the yellow moon.
ink: basic black, versamark, stazon jet black
paper: basic grey, basic black, crushed curry cardstock
extras: old olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; 1 3/4" circle punch; modern label punch; stampin' emboss power (silver); stamp-a-ma-jig; crop-o-dile