Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

let's celebrate


My upline, Mary Salhanick, was generous enough to let me host our monthly stamp club this month--what fun! I thoroughly enjoyed teaching and sharing the cards I designed with this fun group of ladies. Thanks, Mary! This is one of the cards we made using Patty Bennett's dress pattern. I love this pattern--so simple and elegant. We cut a Scallop die from Razzleberry Lemonade DSP then laid the pattern on our shape, traced the sides and cut out this fabulous dress. The background is Crushed Curry cardstock (love that color!) with another strip from the Lemonade DSP. The Scallop Edge border punch of our background coordinates nicely with the scallop edge of the dress. A piece of Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon in Crushed Curry cinches her waist and a "corsage" of Rich Razzleberry cardstock, popped out with the Boho Blossoms punch, adds the perfect touch. The rhinestone in her corsage is actually snipped out of a sparkly flower I bought on clearance at Target! The sentiment is from the On Your Birthday set and inked in Rich Razzleberry.

1 comment:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Just LOVE this card. I'm using it in my next class. So girly girly. Great work as usual. DI